What do you think about this G5 xserve page?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by pwm519, Dec 25, 2003.

1. pwm519 macrumors newbie

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

that would be interesting, save for the fact that it is just the same xserve case picture with information stolen from the G5's page...

But...!

Is this page actually for a real company? On their prices thing, they allow the selection of xserve G5's from 2.0GHz- 2.6GHz.

Strange...

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it's a mock-up. or a scam, but i doubt they'd actually take orders. either way, apple legal may find grounds for pulling it.

paul

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I can see this page getting pulled pretty fast depending what kind of mood Apple is in. ;)

But in essence, all it really is, is the current xServe picture and setup with the G5 specs taken form the PowerMac page off Apple.com. I'm sure someone could mock this up pretty fast, as obviously was the case here!

Regardless though, I am pretty sure we will be seeing G5 xServes at MWSF, or shortly thereafter - they are definitely due for updates!

5. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Well, in all honesty, they may just be doing a first strike type of thing. Anticipating movements by Apple. I mean, if they are legit, then they can just modify their page to look as the xserve does when updated, instead of just making a whole new page.