What do you think I should ask $$$ for this package?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Proto Media, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proto Media macrumors member

I will be selling my powerbook G4, 1.67Ghz. It is the newest one, right before the macbooks. It has 2GB ram, 80GB HD. I will also be selling a 500GB Lacie Big Disk. I am also selling a Epson Color Photo 750. So i guess here is what the package would be:

Powerbook 1.67Ghz 2Gb Ram, 80Gb HD (have all original packaging)
    Epson Color Photo 750 (Will include USB Cable)
    Lacie Big Disk 500gb (FW800 & FW400) - (Will include FW800 Cable)

Also have the education version of Lightwave 8.5, I was considering selling it with this package and waiting for a UB of it to run on a macbook pro.

If you guys could give me estimates on the package minus lightwave, and then also a price including Lightwave that would be awsome. How much would you be willing to pay for the above equipment assuming that it is all in top working order?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

Suggestion: Sell the ext. drive separately.

3. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Further suggestion: Sell everything seperately. Unless you have a buyer already, it is very difficult to find a buyer that is needing all of those in one package.

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

yeah, people dont want extra stuff generally.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

In general, it is not legal to re-sell educational versions of many companies' software -- whether or not the buyer is a student.

Adobe's license states "Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not transfer education, pre-release, or not for resale copies of the Software. "

Also, if you have a license for V.1 and you purchase an upgrade from V.1 to V.2, you have not purchased a new license, and you are not permitted to sell or transfer the V.1 materials. If you sell a piece of software, you have to giove ove all of the versions, and revoke your license to use that software;

"You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the Software and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, upgrades, updates and prior versions, .... [and] ...
    (b) you retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer"

6. Proto Media thread starter macrumors member

Screen size

it has a 15.2 inch screen or whatever size the 15 is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.