what do you think is most unlikely for tibook?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Sep 18, 2002.

?

what is least likely for tibook?

1. superdrive in tibook in 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. dual tibook in 2003

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 1 ghz tibook at mwsf, 2003

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $1999 dollar tibook in 2003 or 2004

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

what is wishful thinking tibook wise?

(since it's introduction at $2699, tibook has come down only $200 dollars to $2499, so i think while the tibook will still come down, i see it as unlikely that it will ever reach $1999 before 2005 mwsf...perhaps tibook will never come down that far)

...i have seen older 533 tibooks apple was unable to sell in a mac catalog for $2199 with an extra 128 MB of RAM thrown in...of course, apple had already gone with the 667 as low end and 800 as high end

2. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

I would think that a built-in beer cooler would be wishful thinking. :eek:

any hope of cheap or "reasonable compared to PC's" pricing on any mac product simply isn't going to happen. It's not part of their business model. they are getting the absolute most money out of their products that they can...it's their niche.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

macs cost a little more (about 20 percent) but give a much better product to the consumer

i got a 366 mhz pc laptop for 1299 and a comparable apple laptop, the 300 mhz ibook, for 1599...both at the same time, and the ibook has served much better over the last three years

4. iGav macrumors G3

Wishful thinking.... a Dual processored TiBook.... as much as I'd love to see one of these, and also that I believe that Apple are technically capable of adding the second processor, I really don't believe we'll be seeing one anytime soon..... we still have I'd say a 933, 1Ghz and 1.25Ghz to shoehorn in the TiBook before they even consider going Dual......

I also do not believe that the TiBook will be around in 2004, atleast not in it's present form. Come january the TiBook will be 2 years old, and that is a very longtime to go without any form of aesthetic facelift or design overhaul for an Apple product, So sometime next year probably later rather than sooner, I expect Apple to revise the TiBook aesthetic., or maybe reinvent the PowerBook altogether.......

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

the price coming down, definitely, and after that a Dual G4 - two of those chips won't work in the TiPB, but if it was a different chip, maybe.

D

6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

tibook is way too sexy to let go of in 2004

hey, i am actually a sexy female rockstar in real life and i have been around for a long time...inside joke...ask KC or akira on that one;)

7. iGav macrumors G3

The TiBook certainly is a design classic, and in my eyes more of a classic than the Cube ever will be...... But Apple are about evolution, and come 2004 the TiBook will be 3 years old...... That is a very, very longtime...... I'd hope that by that time that Apple have something far cooler in their range...... that is a big a jump over the TiBook as the TiBook was over the PowerBook G3........

So when are you playing London again???? :D

8. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

when i can get elvis...you have to also ask KC on this one...it was a thread sometime back:p

9. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

sitting here with my TiBook i dont see how they could make so huge a jump beyond this baby. its one of the coolest computers ever created. as far as dual processors...YEAH RIGHT, not in this thing. i nearly lit burnt my hand off picking it up after it was running hard for like an hour! dual processor and this thing would burst into flames. and price drop...not likely, again, think of how frequently we hear the hardware engineers bitch about getting these things assembled.

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

>>(iGav) The TiBook certainly is a design classic, and in my eyes more of a classic than the Cube ever will be......

>(jefhatfield) you have to also ask KC on this one...it was a thread sometime back:p

Heh. As much as I enjoy seeing my Cube, I saw the TiBook up close and personal at the nearby Apple Store, and I think that it is way superior to my iBook, my iMac, my father's powerbook G3 (no, my real one :D) and, even, my G4 Cube. Too bad we are having a huge problem with debt and stuff so we can't really afford one.