What do you think of the Samsung 244t?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Neonguy, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Neonguy macrumors 6502

2. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 204BW- while it is not the same monitor it has very good quality and I expect that Samsung to have good quality too.

3. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If the colour is good, it sounds like a much more flexible monitor that will replace the 23 inch ACD. I suspect most people would be very happy with it, especially since you can connect game consoles to it directly.

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

It looks pretty good. I recently got a 24" monitor too, but I got a Dell 2407FPW. You can get them at the Dell outlet for $599, which is a pretty good deal. I don't think they're as nice as this display, though.

6. Zeke macrumors 6502

AWESOME! Great color, brightness, size, flexibility...simply great.

And it doesn't say Dell on it!

7. Neonguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have too many problem with the 23 ACD one in term of stucks pixel and backlight bleed. And the ACD doesn't support portrait view, swivel left and right, and well as up and down.

8. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you're not getting the Dell? (other than the fact that it says "Dell" on it :p ) It can do all of those things.

9. Neonguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a Dell 2407. While it may be not the best monitor. I did like the qaulity better then the ACD. Mine have no stuck pixel and very even lighting. I bought it at retail price at Dell for $789 with shipping and tax. Overtime the Dell feel very cheaply made, and there that big Dell logo. Most of it out of plastic. I have also heard of banding on the Dell, which mine doesn't have. I did notice a majority of the Dell suffer from green trail as well, which mine have. You can see if you have a green trail by dragging a windows quickly over a light background. The Dell 2407 also reduce it color to make fps faster. So in the end I decided to return it.