Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 204BW- while it is not the same monitor it has very good quality and I expect that Samsung to have good quality too.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
At that price, why not just buy an ACD?

If the colour is good, it sounds like a much more flexible monitor that will replace the 23 inch ACD. I suspect most people would be very happy with it, especially since you can connect game consoles to it directly.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
It looks pretty good. I recently got a 24" monitor too, but I got a Dell 2407FPW. You can get them at the Dell outlet for $599, which is a pretty good deal. I don't think they're as nice as this display, though.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
At that price, why not just buy an ACD?

I have too many problem with the 23 ACD one in term of stucks pixel and backlight bleed. And the ACD doesn't support portrait view, swivel left and right, and well as up and down.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I have too many problem with the 23 ACD one in term of stucks pixel and backlight bleed. And the ACD doesn't support portrait view, swivel left and right, and well as up and down.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you're not getting the Dell? (other than the fact that it says "Dell" on it :p ) It can do all of those things.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you're not getting the Dell? (other than the fact that it says "Dell" on it :p ) It can do all of those things.

I have a Dell 2407. While it may be not the best monitor. I did like the qaulity better then the ACD. Mine have no stuck pixel and very even lighting. I bought it at retail price at Dell for $789 with shipping and tax. Overtime the Dell feel very cheaply made, and there that big Dell logo. Most of it out of plastic. I have also heard of banding on the Dell, which mine doesn't have. I did notice a majority of the Dell suffer from green trail as well, which mine have. You can see if you have a green trail by dragging a windows quickly over a light background. The Dell 2407 also reduce it color to make fps faster. So in the end I decided to return it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.