What do you think of these lightning and micro usb cables...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by waloshin, Sep 2, 2013.

1. macrumors 68030

waloshin

I was surfing kickstarter and noticed this I thought I would share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://kck.st/17yfxcs

Comes in 4 foot lengths. The only thing I would like to see is a 6 foot length.

2. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Looks nice, but 4 feet isn't long enough.

3. macrumors 6502

I agree I ordered 2 off brand iphone 5 chargers for like 5 bucks. 10 ft each oh it's awesome no more cord ripped out the wall. I don't know why there so freakin cheap with the included cord. I mean I got two long cords for 5 bucks an apple cord is like 30.

4. macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Looks pointlessly expensive. It's just a cable the anodized finish isn't going to impact performance in anyway.

I just want cheap Thunderbolt cables. I usually spend $2 to $7 for cables at Monoprice. Thunderbolt should be the same if it was properly designed.

5. macrumors 6502a

Minhimalism

Yup, the anodized finish is nice but the cord will probably rip the same with extended use..

6. macrumors regular

looks good but i like the 6 foot long better.

7. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

That's what she said.

No need for these at all.

8. macrumors 6502

Although Apple charges extraordinarily high prices for their cables, I buy them to avoid having problems later. I've seen some people have problems with third party cables. I'd rather avoid the wasted time.

9. macrumors 6502

I bought a few of the knockoff lightning cables when they were on some kind of 3 for 1 sale - spent around 6 bucks for 3 of them. They work OK, but they seem to fit just a smidge too snuggly into my phone/ipod - so they're reserved for emergency use only. Don't care about damaging the cable, but it feels like it's gonna yank something out of the phone.

10. thread starter macrumors 68030

waloshin

These have parts licensed from Apple.

11. macrumors 65816

oneMadRssn

I backed this project. I also backed this guy's last project. At ~$15-$20/cable, they aren't pricier than Apple's version, but they look much nicer and will probably be more durable. Plus it's cool to support a small company from Hawaii.