What Do You Think Of These PSP Games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey guys,
    My friend wants to get rid of his PSP and he lent it to me for my long flight to NYC tomorrow(I am bored just thinking about it). If I like the PSP I will buy it off him.
    The PSP come with the following UMDs:
    NBA
    Untold Legends
    Rengoku
    Boogieman(movie)

What do you guys think about these games? Any good? They got fairly low ratings at gamespot.com.

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

If it's going to be such a long boring flight and your friend was nice enough to lend it to you-- why don't you just try playing them for yourself and then deciding if it's worth it to you to buy?

3. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hehe sorry let me rephrase, do these games have any replay value?
    Also just curious for a general opinion on these games

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've only played Untold Legends (I own it) and it's a great game the review on GameSpot is pretty lame imo, some guy saying how it is a great game but he can't score it high because it has all been done before. :rolleyes: It's the first action roleplaying game on the PSP what did he expect? I would give it an 8.5 / 10 it's a lot of fun.

5. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i am intrested to see how that Lord of the Rings Tatics is for the PSP :confused:

6. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I've played all three of those games and the only one I can say anything good about is Untold Legends. If you like hack and slash quasi-rpg games where you level up and get all sorts of nasty looking weapons that are satisfying to use but always leave you salivating over the next one, you should like Untold Legends. Only downsides are bad music and environments that get repetitive very quickly, yet vary just enough to push you onward.

Rengoku was bar far the worst of the three games. I played it for onky 10-15 minutes but that was more than enough. Worst thing about it is the dpad control and mind-numbing repetitiveness. If you like robots and have OCD, you might very well like it.

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Like racing at all?
    If so , buy his PSP, and get Burnout Legends.
    The end, you will live happily ever after.

I bought Burnout, and it is amazing, even if you have the console versions!

8. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

What s/he said. Burnout, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, Need For Speed...The PSP is a racing lovin' portable game players dream.

9. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

was 99.99% sure...but you never can tell!:D

10. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Ummm sounds good, I just got the PSP and at a glance NBA is very fun but can get old quickly, UTL is moderatley fun- it looks like a bad version of diablo but I can live with it, RPGs pass time quickly, Rengoku is horrible I mean it basically sucks balls!

11. risc macrumors 68030

risc

/me adds Rengoku to DON'T BUY LIST!

12. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I have:
    Untold legends (US version; region 1)
    Twisted Metal: Head on (US version; region 1)
    Need For Speed Underground: Rivals (US version; region 1)
    Coded Arms (European version?; region 2, though bought from an Aus store)
    Fired up (Australian version; region4)
    They are all great games. Now where did I put my PSP? :p

13. TheGimp macrumors 6502

If you like rpg's, and UTL and Diablo in particular, then try Xmen 2. Your team of 4 xmen run around in better, more detalied environments. Y directly control one of the characters at any given moment and can switch at will to any of the other 3. I traded the game back in after less than a week, but I had a plane's flight to Madrid amount of time enjoying it and basically get bored with those kinds of games quickly anyway. I did dump it to the HD, but I promise to buy it all over again before playing it even oncefrom the memory stick!:p It has online play as well if you are able to pick up a wifi signal in the airport.

14. TheGimp macrumors 6502

What they said, but don't forget Colin Mcrae 2005 and Toca Race Driver 2 (latter to be released in US Q1 2006), and even SSX.