Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
I was just thinking about how nice it would be if the tabs in Safari acted more like panes in other Apple applications (FCP, DVDSP, etc.). What I think I would want is the ability to reorganize tabs in a window, move them to other windows, and drag them out of their current window to make a new window without having to copy links and move them manually.

Does anyone else see a use/need for this feature? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult of an option since they're already doing it with other software.

cpjakes

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
I haven't used any of the other apps that you mention, but now that exposé is available, I often wish that I could somehow tile all of the tabs I've got open, sort of like the F10 exposé key, but with tabs instead.

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Before I realized it didn't work I actually tried to drag a tab between Safari windows! :) So I'd say it would be logical to have that feature.
-jim

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
telecomm - I know what you mean about that too, it'd be nice if the buried tabs came out. That might make me happy too.

Xenious - I tried all kinds of modifier keys and such to see if it would work too, and I don't think I missed any!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.