What do you think the results of this poll would be?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by destroyboredom, Nov 20, 2003.

1. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

I started thinking tonight that if a poll was conducted today, what do you think the results would be? If people were given a choice between the top 3 performing systems. Ex.

1) A PowerMac G5 dual 2.0GHZ
    2) Some top performing Intel 3.2 ghz machine
    3)A top performing AMD system Fx51 or what have you

The wintel systems would be from some company like Alienware, and assume retail value of all the machines were relatively close. (3-3.2k) The poll would be for everyone and not directed at just art professionals or gamers.

Some how I'de like to think that with what Apple is doing lately, more than 5% of people would choose the G5.

2. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Re: What do you think the results of this poll would be?

There you go fixxed it for you, the Dual Opteron is really the only benchmark for the Dual G5, it also gets my vote.

3. destroyboredom thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what the dual opteron could be aquired for. I believe they run a little more expensive though...

4. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

Since I wouldn't want to work on anything other than the G5. That's where my vote is.

Polls like this assume people want to work on the highest performing computer regardless of platform. I'd only be interested on working on a mac so I don't care if the other PCs trounce it in terms of performance benchmarks.

5. cubist macrumors 68020

Hey manitou, I like the Opteron, but I need to run some commercial software like Word, Photoshop, games, etc. I like Linux-64 for databases and number crunching, but it doesn't run Burning Monkey Solitaire or Warcraft-III, does it? And FreeCiv isn't quite Civ-III.

How about I get an Opteron for a server and a G5 iMac for a workstation?