What do you think was MWSF 2003's BIGGEST dissapointment?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Shrek, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

For me, the biggest dissapointment was no updated iMacs, but your ideas may be different. Post 'em here. ;)

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Well, the fact that itunes 4 wasn't released, but it made it up buy released Safar, which blew me away and its still blowing me away as I type stuff out.

It was the best Macworld for a while

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

apple knew that people would be bummed with no new processor or speed increases in the current ones and made up for it with a ton of great software. i would say that it was an excellent macworld, the processor deal is out of apple's hands so they compensated for it with the sheer jaw-drop factor. i was (and am, as i type this with safari) very impressed.

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Although the new Powerbooks don't interest me as much, I can tell you what I am really happy about.

As someone mentioned in a thread in the news discussion forum, how can you beat a faster, backwards compatable Airport base station for only $199?

Simply Beautiful Stuff.

I was considering purchasing a base station for Christmas. I'm sure glad I waited and bought a fine set of speakers instead.

And Keynote? Don't get me started. For a student who is recommended (read: forced) to use PP for school, Keynote is like a breath of fresh air. I'm ordering it along with a new set of Airport cards and the new Airport base station.

Disappointments? I don't have any. :D

5. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I'm really not into the new powerbooks, considering I got mine a few months ago and the update to the apps was nice and all but I guess my biggest dissapointment was no new digital lifestyle device. I would have thought that they would have had one.

Oh well, at least I get to save some money.

6. Wesley Willis macrumors newbie

The fact that the new Powerbook 12" only has VGA out. I can't hook it up to an Apple monitor??

7. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

you CAN hook it up to a monitor with the adaptor offered in the accessories

way to be original with your posting name...ROCK AND ROLL MCDONALDS

8. Wesley Willis macrumors newbie

It has VGA out, so can hook it up to a VGA monitor, but Apple's monitors are all ADC.

I see adapters in the online store that let you hook up a DVI-equipped powerbook to either a VGA or ADC monitor, but nothing for VGA to ADC or DVI.

9. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Airport Extreme

Not Airport Extreme itself, that I like, but the fact that the new cards do not fit in ANY old machines, not even the iBooks and Powerbooks released only a couple of months ago. That and the fact that there does not look like there is going to ever be a way to add internal bluetooth to my iBook 800. What I want is a combined 802.11g & bluetooth internal PCMCIA style card that fits inside my little iBook.

10. vniow macrumors G4

I was hoping with a new iDevice, but wasn't really dissapointed when it didn't show, this was one helluva Macworld.

11. djniche macrumors regular

why would anybody complain..!! great show all around and got software and new hardware... the new ipod and or itablet in the next show..

be patient

i'm happy that apple keeps inovating and it really is the best computer company there is.

12. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

The new lifestyle device everyone is looking for? MWSF might not be the best time to roll out something like that. Pulling out something dessert-ish would only destract all the kids from what's good for you (and Apple's bread and butter)- the main course.

13. losfp macrumors regular

I think it depends what your expectations were. if you were expecting/hoping for something and it didn't show, then you would have been disappointed. For me, I'm ecstatic. Didn't expect any PB upgrades, and just about ready to order the 12" tonight.

14. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

I love Safari so much! Apple really blow us off this Macworld.
    That App is really slow especialy when clicking on that bookmark management icon, it is so nice and fast I wish iTunes was that fast.

15. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

I went to watch the keynote in the SoHo store not expecting much more than iApps...and got a new browser, new POWERBOOKS!!!!!, and next gen Airport...please...this was more than anyone expected. I am buying the 12" PowerBook soon...it is the iBook I have been waiting for.

16. Steradian macrumors 6502

cool

I think that everything that had been introduced or updated has been kick @&#! I am happy for thouse of you who were smart enough to hold on to you credit cards for a few month for a powerbook. I am a little disapointed that my father didn't think in the same mannner, i Want FW2! :) o well life isn't perfect. I hope that they will offer upgrade cards for apple notebooks for airport extream. Hope every1 is happy with the new products.

17. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Airport Extreme

Very true.

I am a bit disappointed that the new Powerbooks are the only computers in Apple's lineup which are capable of using the new cards.

Oh well. I guess that means Apple will have to update the rest of it's hardware line fairly soon.

18. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

Re: Re: Airport Extreme

EXACTLY!

19. Wano macrumors 6502

I really like the fact that they updated the screens on the PowerBook and added all those features...but $3299 is a lot!!! For that they should have put in a G4 1.25Ghz processor. But, other than that I liked it...especially FCE and the other applications. I can't wait till they update the iMac, eMac, and PowerMac.

20. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

it did show
    it was the first thing shown, the iJacket;):D

21. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

i wasn't dissapointed at all except after downloading Safari, it doesn't load some pages correctly (ambitiouslemon.com, funmac.com etc..) but i still use it as default now, even though its a beta

22. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

I was wondering why Apple didn't slap a 1.25Ghz G4 in the 17" as well... they should have blew their whole wad on that thing.

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

When Steve began talking about the Expo itself, he mentioned that at a few rumor sites he visited people said this was going to be the most boring MacWorld Expo ever. I was disappointed he didn't blame it on SpyMac. He could have at least said something positive about MacRumors. :cool:

On the other hand, if I had to be disappointed at what did show up at MacWorld, it would be Virtual PC 6, the app that has an interface more like Windows than any of the other apps. If I had to be disappointed at what didn't show up, I would have to say some sort of update or "attachment" to iTunes/the iPod for MPEG-4 audio. But considering neither were updated at the Expo, they may be updated together eventually.

24. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

this post is so bass-ackwards...i sense some sarcasm...but i'm not sure which phrases it fits in????:confused: :confused: :confused:

25. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

I was slightly disappointed that the 12" PowerBook didn't have a 12-13" Widescreen and looks like the iBook...but once I saw that it was aluminum, weighs less than the iBook, and is smaller than the iBook...I was sold. 256k L2 Cache and no level 3 cache seems strange though. I guess the G4 doesn't support L2 of more than 256...but why leave off the L3?