What do you think? www.russellmartin.tv

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by rusbo.uk, Nov 4, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Im not very good with computers, I'm a freelance camera operator and beleive that the best way to go about gaining new business is online!!!

I have been playing around and have managed to build this in iWeb...

Do you have any FRIENDLY!!! advice on how to improve it!?

http://www.russellmartin.tv

Many Thanks

Russell

2. macrumors 68020

Willis

As a Film & TV Student, I think that site looks pretty straight forward to navigate around and advertises your services perfectly. Nice one!

3. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I like the fact how the site is easy to navigate while the information is very well (and logically) represented.

What works well
    - The information
    - Navigation
    - Overall structure

What Does:
    - In my professional opinion iWeb just isn't a professional tool, it's like shooting broadcast HD on a Sony Handycam. Does it do it, yes, is it professional, nope. I would try Wordpress or Rapidweaver, IMO you'll get a far better looking portfolio.
    - Colour, IMO toning down the colours would work much better. Go for a 3 colour palette while for the text make it a little more typographic heavy. It will be easier to ingest the information.

I would also look through this article
    (it has some of the best pointers out there).

4. macrumors member

AustinZ

It's quite good looking, and is efficient and easy to navigate. I suggest you consider changing the grey-on-pink text on the main page, though- the color combination is rather unpleasant and makes the text difficult to read.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

6. macrumors 6502a

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

8. macrumors 6502a

My first impression, the hierarchy is a bit confusing to me, on the homepage.

Is your name more, important - or your title? The twitter feed or the main text? The images also don't give me a great deal of information. That would help.

From a code p.o.v. - are you able to take the inline styles off the divs and put them into a css file? It would be much cleaner. I've never really worked using iWeb so I don't know how everything is implemented.