What do you think?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dxm113, Jul 22, 2005.

1. dxm113 macrumors member

I've been looking into picking up a used or old copy of Adobe CS. I really don't want to spent the $1000 dollars for the new version, cause I'll be using it casually (I'm not a pro designer).

I've also been looking into alternatives such as Elements, Macromedia Studio, etc.

I came across Macromedia Studio MX for $99.00 from www.buysusa.com .

Anyone ever bought from them? The claim the sell at such low prices because their software was originally bundled. So, you get the factory sealed CDs, but not the retail box.

What do y'all think? Is this a smart deal (and / or legit?)

2. dxm113 thread starter macrumors member

After a further search of the BBB database, I've found that the company has outstanding complaints. Sounds suspiciously like other internet scams.

Damn low prices. . .always tempting

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Yeah, you've got to be very careful of what you're buying and who you're buying from, I've noticed.

Do you have the opportunity to buy from an education store? You can save hundreds of dollars on software if you qualify and aren't going to use it for commercial purposes. Also, with CS2 out, the original CS suite could probably be had for pretty cheap, I would guess.

4. iMikeAllStar macrumors newbie

and dont forget what tools you're after... cause Macromedia doesnt have a 2D bitmat app (like Photoshop on Adobe Creative Studio)

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You should try eBay, maybe you could pickup the older version of Adobe CS from someone.

6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

If you know someone who goes to a university, maybe they can hook you up.