what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by metfoo, Apr 25, 2002.

1. metfoo macrumors member

i have recently updated the design on parts of my website. What do you think? I am open to all suggestions, so feel free to let me know. The update isnt complete, so some of the text in areas is placed in for filler text. thanks.

www.ribitch.com

p.s. wanna win an apple product, if so, sollow the link on my main page. all proceeds go to charity

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

If I might make two suggestions:

1) The title text in the upper left hand corner of your pages (such as "welcome") are anti-aliased. I would take off the anti-aliasing to make the text look sharper.

2) Use résumé. (Note the accents.) The people worth your time might pay attention to little stuff like that!

Looks good! :)

P.S. Welcome to MacRumors!

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not bad, nice and tight overall. I'd remove the pics of your pet that are out of focus, they just don't serve any purpose, and you'll still have plenty left over.

And what did you do to burn yourself, ow!:eek:

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

as a former hr guy, your resume should have work experience from latest to earliest...otherwise it's great

when you finish college with your degree, then leave out the high school

the biggest mistake one can make is have a resume with too much information, but yours is perfect

sometimes a techie like you, or me these days, has a lot to put down and while we may know computers, we don't always know resumes and i have seen three page resumes with jargon any regular hr person would have no idea about

titles like BA, BS, AA, AS, MSEE, MCSE, and A+ are known in silicon valley and perhaps elsewhere, where tech titles on your resume like MCDBA, CISSP, CCDP, LN4E, OCP and others not commonly known to hr people should be spelled out

don't use terms like MAN (metropolitan area network) or something technical beyond the understanding of the simple hr clerk and use instead "network" or "local area network" and use "ethernet" instead of something like category 5 unshieded twised pair

of course, you may know this already since us techies do speak a different language

the website is cool

my wife and i almost got a bearded dragon since gila monsters are illegal in california and could kill me if its having a bad day;) :p :p :p :p :p ;)

5. metfoo thread starter macrumors member

thank you for all the help. You were more than helpful. it is very much appreciated.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

maybe I should send jef & co. my resume which I just redid...

could use some professional opinions! :p