What do you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, Dec 22, 2003.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Well, around the office there certainly is a holiday cheer. I spent all weekend shopping and with the family... I'm finally getting into the holiday spirit. So the question is this, what do you want for Christmas? What are you asking for?

I didn't really need anything.. and the things I want are so particular that my parents and family couldn't get it unless I specified an EXACT model... and then.. what's the point? Clothing they can't pick out for me... So I'm getting furniture. I think a really nice cherry drawing desk... and from my brother and sis I dunno.

I wanted a copy of panther, and one of those neat belkin usb blue round thingys... but I highly doubt that this christmas there will be anything APPLE under my tree.

What are you getting? :)

2. iGav macrumors G3

What do you want for Christmas?

Piper Perabo.... :D

3. HenMaster6000 macrumors regular

I'm Hoping for an iPod, no suprise there. But what would really be cool would be an "M-Audio Adapter" (Optical Out for non-G5 macs) coupled with a sony surround sound package. If you watch your DVDs with VLC, you can listen to the sound in full 5.1 channel dolby digital sound. That would be sweet. But Alas, it doesn't look too hopful. Fun to think about though!:)

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Ok I know this is going to sound touchy feely, but what I'm most looking forward to is being around my friends and family for a bit. I've been so busy at work and my free time has been eaten away by little projects or quick social gatherings I haven't had the time to just sit and enjoy the company without thinking I have to leave in an hour. Yeah sure there are things I'd like to get for Christmas, but I really just want to rest... so I guess I'm saying all I want for Christmas is a vacation!

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    more touchy feely

i've been blessed this year with continued good health, a great wife and a super kid ( and another on the way...) so my christmas wish is just for more of the same.

i'll always dream of finding a gift-wrapped shelby ac cobra in the driveway on christmas morning but if that never happens i'll get by....

;)

7. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

A big can of True Justice®-brand Patent Tonic for Societal Ills -- Now with a convenient spray applicator!

"Have a social situation that seems unjust? Simply spray some True Justice® on and around the area. Let sit for a moment and wipe away -- social injustice lifts right out!"

Should not be used by women who are pregnant or nursing. Consult a metaphysician before using on or around children under 3 years of age. Phenylketinourics: Contains Phenylalinene. Bush Appointees: Results may vary from those intended. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

8. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

9. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I want an old rusted out Beetle to work on, or an old snowmobile for the same purpose. I want a Dremel tool, and an air compressor. I get these four items and I will be happy:D

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I'm just hoping for a good 2004, that's all I need. One that doesn't include my partner and I getting robbed twice. Or having both of our cars die. Or losing two of our beloved hedgehogs. Or both of us losing a job.

Hmm, interesting that badness comes in 2's...

paul

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah. Plus, there are two of you, so I suggest that either you dump your gf, or find another one and date them both. Stick with the odd numbers. ;)

I want alcohol for X-mas. Seriously. I don't really want anything that my family could/would ever get me. I'd like a classic sports car, a convertible, of some sort. I'd like an flash memory mp3 player (no iPod), and I want alcohol. Alcohol is most predictable, and easiest to attain.

12. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Originally it was to not be deployed but since that won't happen as of yet, I think I'd like a cookie. Preferrably not the internet type.

13. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Wouldn't mind someone paying off this months credit card bill ... LOL

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

There isn't really any gifts that I desire for Christmas. I want to enjoy time with my wife. Trully wish that those posting will recieve the gifts that they desire.

My prayers go out to fellow Mac Forum members, our leaders, soldiers, policeman, fireman, and their families. That we might have a peaceful Christmas.

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

16. iGav macrumors G3

and maybe Sandra Huggett if I've been a good boy... :D

actually hopefully getting AppleCare for my PowerBook, well it'll actually be in early 2004 because I think my current PowerBook will probably need it, seeing as it's been back 3 times in less than a year... :eek: :p :p A friend bought me an early Christmas present in 'Panther' a couple of months ago!

I'm one of those people that get's far more pleasure buying people presents, as I'm generally pretty inventive and original when it comes to buying for people, and I take a great deal of pleasure in seeing peoples responses and reactions. :)

so yeah, apart from Piper Perabo and Sandra Huggett I'm not expecting anything to unwrap Christmas morning, and you know what, I'm totally cool with that. :)

17. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

lot's pf saps here.. hmm.. I definately thought we'd get a few more photos of dream cars. :)

18. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

You read my mind!!

Attached Files:

19. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

oh yeah... and that.

;)

scem0

20. warcraftmaster macrumors regular

lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots

lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots ......... ..............lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots lots of lots ...... ....... apple stock:D :D :D :D :D

21. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

"Oh, look! Just what I always wanted -- a shoebox full of fifties!"

22. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

23. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

all i want is an ipod, or a gift certificate for itunes ;)

24. skymac macrumors member

Well I'm Jewish but i dont really want to be excluded from the thread because of that so i'll just say what I wanted(and may have alredy got for Channuka)
    Well i wanted an iPod with all sorts of accesorys and so far i have an iPod and Iskin a dock and im hoping for some more stuff iPod realted. Um i got my powerbook a month and a half late so i like to consider that a gift for chanuka.
    I wanted a few games for my PB but dont really care.
    Oh and i also want to have a yr 2004 better than 2003 treated me for the most part.

I hope this post was alright with all you guys.:(