What do you want in Beta 2?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nikomanz, Jun 12, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Okay guys, I know its been barely four days since we've gotten our hands with Beta 1. But, I'm sure many of us, including myself, have gotten the opportunity to extensively test (and play) with the new iOS 7 Beta 1.

That being said, what do you want apple to keep / change / fix / update / add / remove or otherwise alter in Beta 2?

2. macrumors 6502

I like to see TouchPal, or Swype keyboard being incorporated as system wide option.

3. macrumors 65816

Jare

In beta 2, I'd like to see zero beta 3 threads started until beta 3 is launched.

In beta 1, I'd like to see zero beta 2 threads started until beta 2 is launched.

4. macrumors 68040

mavis

I'd like to see them restore some calendar functionality (event dots on days in month view, list of upcoming events in month view, etc). I'd also like the ability to choose black/white text on the homescreen for status bar area and icon names because it doesn't always choose the best option for some wallpaper. I hope they restore the Facebook/Twitter quick post functionality in Notification Center. I would also like to see basic playback controls for media below the app switcher (although I suppose I will get used to the Control Center method after a while) ... Obviously the icons need work, but I'm sure they're aware of that. Also, automatic Photo Stream uploading is broken but I'm sure that's just a Beta 1 bug.

Overall I'm very pleased with iOS 7, even after using iDevices daily since iPhone OS 1.1.1 .. :)

5. macrumors 68000

angemon89

Battery is my main concern. It's 5pm and I'm at 30%. Usually I would be at ~50%

6. macrumors 6502

I'd like to see the new Siri voices and battery improvements

7. macrumors regular

The obviously need to work on the white font clashing with white backgrounds and the lock screen with the clock and music controls over album art.

Displaying lyrics is bugging. Need to tap twice to show up and all the line spacing is removed.

The music app needs tweaking. Besides the song view all the others narrow down to the album. Artists should be able to play all songs by an artists and genre should be able to play all songs as a filter. Right now those 2 are only acting as filters to find an album.

8. macrumors 6502a

Want to see a quick reply feature and for them to add the tap to tweet and Facebook buttons back into the notification center. Refinements to the UI to polish things up, especially control center and the lock screen. Would like to see a black theme for those with black iPhones. New Siri voices. Fix the stock icons.

9. msahadi, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

macrumors member

Forget this post.

Attached Files:

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

I was thinking the same thing, first thing I noticed was the tap to tweet and post were removed! I used those buttons a lot from the NC.

I think it needs more update, still seems to be lagging on my iTouch, and I encountered problems when updating apps.

11. macrumors 65816

CarlosQG

Control Centre:

A Mobile Date toggle.
    Change the quick acces to timer to phone app or a favourite contact.

UI:

Add colour to the white icons (Safari, Photos, Calendar).
    A little less blurred dock or the Mavericks dock would be nice.
    Quicker transitions

System:

Quick reply (and quick reply APIs for WhatsApp and other IM apps tough that might come on 7.1 or 8)
    A Close All button on the multitasking window.
    A little shadow behind the icons.

What I want even though I know it won't come perhaps never...:

Upload files on Safari
    Something similar to f.lux

I think I'm not asking for impossibles, just a few little tweaks here and there.

12. macrumors 6502

Tagging - I was so excited to see this introduced in the new Mac OS! It just makes sense to bring it to iOS. For years people have been complaining about the lack of a file system, here is the perfect way to replace it. I'm honestly surprised that it wasn't included.

Lyrics on iPad - there is no good reason why this was removed, put them back.

Colour changes - this is a small thing, but it bugs me. I don't like the colour white, no reason, I'm just not a fan. I don't own any white furniture, I only own one white shirt. I don't mind the new clean look, but hate the colour. They mentioned that your choice of wallpaper would change things system wide, could a blue wallpaper give white apps a tint. I'm not asking for major customisation, just anything but glaring white.

A few years ago when I first got my iPad 1, I made a list of everything I wanted. I've been slowly crossing off items from that list, now the only items left are tagging, smart albums in iPhoto an app to create epubs (which is probably on the App Store by now).

13. macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I want the new Siri voice packs. :D

I'd also like more dynamic wallpapers. Not that they're needed before the GM but I still want them. I'm also hoping for new tones; I loaded the BB 10 sound pack along with iOS 7 and they're so elegant, professional, and just all around better than the ones on iOS. Apple's seem tacky in comparison.

14. macrumors 6502a

Where may I get this BB sound pack? I'd like to try it out please.

15. macrumors newbie

• The ability to close all open apps through a long-press and pop-up menu in the multitasking window.
    • A button to toggle cellular data in Control Centre. I always switch wifi on and cellular data off and vice versa in order to conserve battery, thus being able to toggle wifi from Control Centre is currently only half useful to me.
    • A dynamically-updated weather icon, much like the clock icon.
    • More dynamic wallpapers.

16. macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I converted them to M4R from the original poster to make it easier. Here

And apparently I included a couple of tones from my own library... sorry. Haha.

17. macrumors 6502a

18. macrumors 6502a

One thing. When I hit space after an auto-correct, for there to be a bloody space. Why it currently just tags on the next word without a space I don't know. Such a glaringly obvious bug.

[this may only be within applications outside of iOS7]

19. macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much for these! :)

20. macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

You're welcome. :) :apple:

21. macrumors regular

They could actually use the exact same UI that they use for tweeting/FB posting for quick reply.

Imagine you get an iMessage, click the notification banner somehow, then this comes up to reply:
    [​IMG]

22. macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

23. macrumors 65816

Risco

24. macrumors 68020

Not going to happen as long as there are people who gain self worth by starting such threads.

25. macrumors member

Bonestle

+1 for the share buttons on notification centre. That's the main way I tweet these days (@shauntheboer).

I definitely think we should be able to set our own desired toggles on Control Centre.

A few more dynamic wallpapers? But no more bubbles please :D

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to some of their other apps like iMovie, Cards, iWork etc although I don't we'll see those until the public release.