What do you want to see in Logic 10?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by juliancs, Jan 19, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2006
    Let's hear your wishes.

I want:

1. Improved 64-bit support
    2. An overhaul of audio editing
    3. Major improvements to the 'Score' section, bringing it inline with Sibelius.
  2. macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    I'd like a lot more freedom within ultrabeat. For example the ability to create patterns of length 64 or possibly any customizable length. I'd also like to see an easier way to create more intricate timing without editing and adding in notes manually.
  3. macrumors member

Mar 11, 2008
  4. macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2010
    I want

1. Completely redesigned and improved amp designer with good high gain and lots of amps like engls, more marshalls, and more mesa boogies as well as better pedals.

2. More extensive sample library for ultrabeat

3. Sampled drum software instrument similar to SSD or SD2 (except better because apple has the means)

4. Vinyl scratch instrument or preset in esx24

5. New synthesizers, i wouldnt mind seeing a minimoog impersonator

6. no more "system overload" error

7. more consistant and actually useful updates that add new features as well as improving old ones.

8. More master track presets as well as more presets for plugins and instruments in general to minimize time wasted tweaking

Thats all I can think of for now. The only really good improvements in 9 was 64 bit mode and flex time. Amp designer and Pedalboard suck and I felt like they could have added a lot more. No disrespect to apple because Logic is easily the best DAW but 9 still left a lot to be desired. I want Logic 10 to have plugins and software instruments that make it so that one doesnt have to go out and spend more money on getting ones that suit their purposes
  5. macrumors 68020

Jun 2, 2008
    -a melodyne-esq feature to edit vocals in time and pitch

-a quicker way of getting to my pluggins without holding down a mouse button and navigating/scrolling a zillion menus

-an easier way to snap audio regions and MIDI data to a quantise grid as it's always a pain in the ass/hit and miss with me (maybe it's me but cubase works fine to the bar!)

isn't logic 10 due to come out soon? Any rumours from beta testers?
  6. macrumors newbie

Oct 17, 2010
    What I would like to see:

A Melodyne style pitch editor.

Whether a piece of the program, or a complex plug-in is fine with me.
    But we need a good pitch editor, that is the one thing Logic lacks.

Come on Apple! Bring the fire to the people, like you usually do!

I can't wait to see if they incorperate this.

If it was somewhat similar to flex time, only for pitch, that would be awesome!

The second thing is to make a reset button for every individual file, which will restore the file in-tact, as originally recorded. It is easy to make a mistake with Flex time, or pitch editing tools and destroy a file.

A convenient and simple right click -restore on individual cuts or files would be awesome!

Some new great updated plug-ins would be sweet too!

Pull through logic!
  7. macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2009
    Switzerland, ZG
    In my opinion new Amps and Pedals in Logic 9 kick ass. I love the sound and how you can tweak them! I love the presets. There are much more presets than in GTR3 by Waves and Guitar Rig 4
    If you have too much "system overloads" messages, you should change something in your settings or buy yourself a better machine. I rather like the message than click and pops. And yes, Flex-Time rocks !
    I'm happy with my Logic 9.
    I think the 64-bit Bridge Modus to 32bit could be handled better.. I don't want to click into the 32-bit Bridge Window to actually open my external Synths and Plug-ins. Why should that be good?
    An Editor like melodyne would be amazing !
  8. macrumors regular

Dec 16, 2008
    I'd like a user interface that doesn't suck. I mean how many windows do I need in the one application and how many times do functions need to be duplicated in the UI?

Seriously, that's all I'd like from Logic Pro 10.

9. macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2006
  10. macrumors regular

Dec 16, 2008
    That's right, Apple is abandoning Pro-Users(!) First Final Cut Pro, then Logic ...

Run! Run for the hills!

There's a lot of FUD out there.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2009
    Switzerland, ZG
    what the heck. The Logic interface is absolutely the best on the market and super transparent. You can use Garageband if you don't want to have a tons of windows open. (!?)
  12. macrumors regular

Dec 16, 2008
    We disagree. To me the Logic UI is not elegant or refined in the way a Pro App should be. There is duplication all over the UI that could be refined. ie. There is a Menu Bar within the Application that duplicates the Menu Bar in some part, not to mention multiple View, Edit etc. menus that could be refined and streamlined.

I'm not pushing for a dumbed down interface, just something that doesn't look or function like a bunch of developers got together and made an interface by committee.

13. macrumors 68020

Jun 2, 2008
    I'd like to see a garangeband pro. Interface is more streamlined and 'apple'. Logic needs a real rewrite.

I find myself using GarageBand in surprising situations and it works ok.
  14. macrumors 6502

Oct 7, 2005
    No, hell no.

We don't need a GarageBand Pro, there's no real market for it. Let the average user have GarageBand that's fun and easy to use, and let the "Pro" users stick with their complex tools, and hope that Apple continues to find ways to streamline the way we use these tools, whether that's by improved UI, or improved features I don't care.

It's always worth mentioning that alot of the technologies that the iLife apps get are at first features in the Pro apps, and this would seem to make sense, as the development costs should be made up by the buying customers of the Pro apps, and then with feedback it can be implemented into the consumer based apps with little additional costs, and with better ease of use.
  15. macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2009
    Switzerland, ZG
    I know what you mean. And you mean the shortcut symbols on top of the Arrangement window. And these are dublicated sometimes. But you can remove them all and you just see your arrangement and channelstrips with menu browser. There are different menus dublicated too, but I really like this way so I can choose different ways to make my action. I just can't imagine how this could be a bad UI. it looks so clean to me. I want to see as much of my arrangement as I can, and I don't remember another sequencer with more space for my arrangement.
    Maybe there is a way to make everything even cleaner, who knows. Apple knows.
  16. Guest

Core Audio needs to improve

Still in comparison with Pro Tools .pro tools is still by far cleaner than logic. and not to down it I love working in Logic but something happens when you mount tracks on Logic and the end result does not seem to be as clean as that of Pro Tools. So I hope Apple addresses Core Audio in their next upgrade. It has not been updated since ver 5. Also on my wish list is the panning feature on the mixer it should be geared somewhat like pro tools so you can do hard pans and squash your kick without a problem. The current pan features on Logic suck ! Not asking for a lot so hope they include these changes in 10.
  17. macrumors newbie

Dec 21, 2010
    My feature requests are the full notation entry system from Score Editors, Music XML import, and an EXS 24 revision.
  18. macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2009
    Something which would be interesting to see happening would be an integration of flex-time with the piano roll, creating an apple version of Melodyne! Just hit the piano roll on an audio channel and pitch edit audio using the piano roll interface!

However, simple bug and nuance fixes would be nice. Improvements in the import function (at the moment it doesn't bring in information like whether the tracks are muted/solo'd/hidden/frozen).

An annoying bug is that if you want export audio to picture then you have to be in 32bit mode! Incredibly annoying on large projects!
  19. MDOTDASUPA, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

macrumors newbie

Jan 1, 2011
    Logic 10 features needed!!!

Here are a list of features i hope will be considered for logic 10:

1. A user interface overhaul
    2. A massive core audio upgrade
    3. A major improvement on audio & instrument editing features, especially for editing and creating custom drum sounds etc etc!!!
    4. Far superior automation & panning features
    5. Multiple mixer screen views and options especially waveform view in the metering aspect
    6. Deeper range of color options to color code project/session data
    7. More customizable options for the logic user interface like interface skins or ways of using custom gfx like logo's and custom color schemes to make ones logic user interface more unique!!!
    8. More consistent and useful updates that add new features as well as improving older ones!!!

Btw, i have a good feeling they'll officially name the 10th edition of logic "logic x"!!!
  20. macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2008
    Is there is even speculation on as to when 10 might be released?
  21. macrumors member

Feb 4, 2006
    music xml import and export!!! unless the score editor finally becomes full featured and user friendly enough to replace musescore.:cool:
  22. macrumors 68020

Jun 2, 2008
    I read things on other forums that it could be this summer this year after the rumoured final cut update around may-ish.. I also read about lots of issues with the devs and apple. Logic is the last app left that looks the least 'apple' like and needs converting over from the Emagic days.

I'm hoping for melodyne-esq editor built in!
  23. macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2009
    Being able to organise your own plug-ins would be nice too.

So you could create your own groups and sub-groups, not JUST by make (like logic) or type (like pro tools).
  24. macrumors 6502a

Aug 24, 2008
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ableton live - like way to assign parameters to contolers. I haven't found a way to do it yet.
  25. macrumors member

Jan 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA