Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeyTree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I'm switching from a PC to a mac soon, and trying to decide whether to get the discounted Logic with my computer.

I'm not at all a music professional in terms of mixing, but I do compose music. Will Logic be of any use to me, or will I have everything I need in garageband?

Will both of them take what you play on a keyboard and create sheet music from it, complete with accurate timing of notes?

PreacherKane

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
London, England
Logic is a whole new ball game, my friend. It's quite a big step up from GarageBand but don't let that stop you. Garageband is realitively straight forward in it's use but Logic demands more brain power and abit of reading the manuals.
It really depends on what you intend on doing with your recording. If you only want to show friends and family and have a song on iTunes, then GB is great.
If you want to take it abit more seriously, produce professional sounding tracks for commercial use, then go for Logic.
They both create sheet music from recorded notes but the range and depth of control that Logic gives is much more.:cool:
There is a link on one of these here post about a trila for Logic. Give it a go. If you don't like it, just go back to GB. No blood, no report.:)

Support Your Local Musician on MacRumors.com:apple: :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.