What does MacBook Air REV A run at (temp) when simply web-browsing normal sites?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Doju, Dec 7, 2008.

  1. macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #1
    Like 40? What about the fans?

    Think average sites like this or Engadget.
     
  2. macrumors 68040

    Cynicalone

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2008
    Location:
    Okie land
    #2
    Upper 40's to low 50's with the fan's between 2500 and 5000 rpm. Now that is with Mail open, Surfing with Firefox and usually at least either Pages or Numbers open. I keep the Airport turned off when I'm not on wi-fi and instead use a laptop connect card if that matters. That is after 6 months of use so I feel those numbers are fairly accurate.
     
  3. macrumors 6502a

    Ironic

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Location:
    In my MBA!
    #3
    50-60 Degrees and fans run hard all the time.The fans kick up very easy.
     
  4. macrumors 68040

    Cynicalone

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2008
    Location:
    Okie land
    #4
    Average sites, not flash heavy sites is what the OP is asking about.
     
  5. macrumors 6502a

    Ironic

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Location:
    In my MBA!
    #5
    55 degrees and 3500 RPMs:)
     
  6. macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2007
    Location:
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    #6
    51 and 2500.

    In this case up for an hour running Safari, Camino, ichat, and Open Office.
     
  7. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    #7
    Mine stays cool as long as I am not using youtube. Fans are silent, again as long as I am not watching youtube videos (though, for some reason Hulu.com is MUCH better on my Rev A than youtube. After about 10 minutes of youtube the computer is at full fan speed and bottom is hot, but with Hulu.com I can watch a full 45 minute episode without the fans kicking up to full notch and the bottom getting as hot, and that is in full screen mode). For me, the fans stay silent/cool for 90% of all my web browsing. The other 10% is youtube or other heavy flash sites. Still works perfectly, just the bottom is hotter and the fans are going full speed.
     
  8. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    #8
    runs cool for me...

    42-45 degrees

    Fan 2500

    My Rev A has always run cool... Heats up and fans kick in when running video or flash - but not too badly. My new Rev B does the same - although the temps are less as are the fan speeds.
     
  9. macrumors regular

    gooddeal

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2008
    Location:
    PA
    #9
    40-50 degrees and ~2490 RPM running a couple web browsers.

    60-70 degrees and ~6200 RPM watching hulu.
     
  10. macrumors 6502

    errol

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    #10
    54°, 2500rpm. simple web browsing, itunes, adium open. I have the 80gb.
     
  11. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2008
    #11
    I run about 130 degrees F and the fan speed is between 2500-4500 depending on what the temp in the room is. Its winter now, so normally my fan speed is low. During the summer, it always is over 3500.
     
  12. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2008
    Location:
    Glendale, AZ
    #12
    Been surfing for the last 45 minutes and my Air is at 35-40 degrees per iStat menu checking every 3 seconds.

    Macbook 1.8, 64SSD Rev A, 10.5.6
     
  13. macrumors 604

    SFStateStudent

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    Location:
    San Francisco California, USA
    #13
    Mine is 109ºF and about 2500rpm. Is everybody else posting "Celsius" v. Fahrenheit? If that's the case I'm running 46ºC :confused:
     

Share This Page