What does your Mac Pro do?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by briantology, Oct 5, 2006.

1. briantology macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2006
    Hey all, I was just wondering what everyone uses their mac pro for :rolleyes:
  2. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Opening up textedit....

If I had a mac pro it would probably still do nothing more than surf the web and listen to music. I don't think it would be a good purchase for me:D
  3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    It serves a small office, allowing iMac users to log in to their network account and access their files from any machine, courtesy of OS X Server (which I love, by the way, so impressed), it runs pro apps from Adobe and Macromedia, it runs MS Office applications, Camino, MSN and a load of other stuff - plus, of course, WoW - which is not only fantastic on the Mac Pro with ATI X1900 but made even more droolsome by Apple's 30" ACD.

So, all in all, it's a busy little bee - yet you'd never know it, it's cool (actually cold to the touch!), quiet and reliable, and the dual 2.66GHz 'Woodcrest' Xeons are just the most powerful thing I have ever experienced. This machine makes my Precision 670 with dual 3.6GHz (NetBurst) Xeons look like an OAP that has just been run over repeatedly by a tank.

For me, using a computer will never be the same.
  4. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2006
    Meh. That's all I use mine for, more or less.