What drugs

Discussion in 'Community' started by MontgomeryBurns, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MontgomeryBurns macrumors member

Mar 14, 2004
    What consciousness-altering drugs do you take with any regularity? These might include prescription drugs, alcohol, marijuana, hallucinogens, opiates, etc. etc. Why do you take these drugs and what benefits or drawbacks have you experienced?
  2. voicegy macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    I'm high on life.

(don't know if this is an approprite topic for a public forum, but, ultimately, that's not my call)
  3. MontgomeryBurns thread starter macrumors member

Mar 14, 2004
    Well there was the Marijuana forum last week or whatever.. Besides this is about ALL kinds of drugs, not just illegal ones. It makes everyone's Drug Awareness Resistance Education that much more advanced.
  4. macka macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2004
    Well, red cordial makes me a bit hypo. Actually anything red, makes me go a little bit weird. So don't offer me anything that's red. ;)

The only thing I take with regularity is panadol, for headaches. Sometimes anti-histamines for allergies. Otherwise I'm clean as...yeah.

I don't think you'd find many Mac users who use illicit drugs and stuff...and even if they do. You gonna admit it? :p
  5. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    I don't take any mind altering drugs, well unless tylenol or caffeine is included.

Even if I did want to take drugs, I wouldn't have time...

but yet I find time to post in these forums.. :confused:
  6. MontgomeryBurns thread starter macrumors member

Mar 14, 2004
    Why is this?
  7. macka macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2004
    Why, we know better of course. :p

Unless someone is taking marijuana or heroin or whatever for medical purposes....I'm probably sterotyping here, but you'd find that mind-altering drugs are confined to a certain group of people....

Of course it depends on what level of 'mind-altering' you are talking about. It differs from person to person (like me, I go wacko over cordial) others it would be caffeine, or other drugs, who knows.
  8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    i'm stoned most of the time i'm not at work. i drink sometimes, usually it goes in a 2-3 week cycle and then i barely drink again until next christmas (hehe)...

and yeah, yeah, judge me for being a stoner, whatever.

9. Dr. Zauis macrumors member

Feb 29, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I like placebos. They are really hard to get on the streets but they are worth it for some crazy hallucinations. It really blows your mind.
  10. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i take wellbutrin cause i live in gloomy Ohio, other than that i dunno, i'm drinking a Bud Light at the moment, i guess that counts.
  11. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2004
    in the toe-jam of greatness (Fort Worth)
    welbutrin- problems sleeping; take it for depression (every day)
    marijuana- eating; taken for recreation (once or twice a week)
    lsd- no real problems except a general funny feeling the next day; taken for recreation (every other week)
    ephedrine- my pee smells funny; so I can stay awake and concentrate (everyday)
    sometime alcohol (makers mark) but not that often
    centrum vitamin pill- 1 everyday or 2 on days I dont eat
    6 salmon oil capsules- for heart health and to fortify my myelin sheath
  12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.

Crushes up and snorted by-minutely.

If 100 bullets hit me... I STILL wouldn't feel anything!

paulwhannel -- Damn stoners! Get the hell off MacRumors!
    --I'll beat you up right after I finish off this bong ; )--

No I don't take drugs -- They do stuff to you and I'm paranoided as is.
  13. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2002
    The Great Midwest
    That would be PCP.
  14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    I drink every now and then. Guinness if I can, and gin, vodka and the occasional slugs of Irish whiskey.

Once every other month or so I'll get good and wasted. I'd probably smoke pot with about the same frequency I get drunk if it were legal.

Right now I'm taking Cipro. Not really mind-altering, but I'd hate to see the results if the sutured wound holding my nose to the rest of my face got infected. That might cause some hallucinations.
  15. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY

Man that stuff is crazy addicting! I swear, I'm hooked! It's like my body is telling me that I need it! I can't live without it (literally)!

The other day, I got back from a jog, only to find my water bottle empty, and the freakin' water fountain was low flow. Low flow! It took 30 seconds to fill my 20oz. water bottle! I need that water! I'm crazy addicted!
  16. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
  17. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    I used to smoke weed, but quit because I was getting paranoid, lazy, and really not enjoying it, so I quit. I agree with coopdog, I don't see how people can get so dependent on weed that they "need" it.

The only other drug I've done is ecstasy, which I enjoyed, but don't do anymore either. I probably would though, if the opportunity arose. As for its effects, I think the drug is well named. An unbelievable (to those not rolling) sense of well-being and happiness. Oh, and the trance music that everyone loves to hate really enhances this feeling. Long build-ups culminating in a great beat. The next day was always... mellow isn't strong enough a word. Kinda like you were on autopilot. No real problems, though.
  18. atari1356 macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    The only addictive foreign substance I regularly put into my body is a:

Klondike Bar

Although, I do like a White Russian every once in a while, and the occassional Guinness. No drugs though, marijuana just made me dizzy.
  19. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Oxycotin, good good stuff
    Xanax, tedious more than anything
    Diazepam, not bad.
    Prednisone, The spam talks about HGH and all sorts of other things that make you feel like a teenager. Nothing tops this. Glad to be off of it though
  20. iAlan macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002
    Happily Drug Free

Have never taken drugs, except as precribed by doctors or an asprin for a headache.

Never smoked cigarettes because when I was a kid mum and dad smoked and it was hell for me and my siblings, and hell for my parents when they stopped. So was never interested in smoking weed.

Do drink alcohol though, and get just a couple of drinks short of wasted every few weeks, then go dancing and sweat my ass off. Enjoy that monthly experience. Vodka is my drink of choice, mixed with any other liquid that is suitable for human consumption.

I do eat toooo much chocoalte though (could be concideredf an addiction), but cannot stand the taste of coffee (or anything with coffee in it - tiramisu, coffee liquor, etc) ot tea for that matter. Drink Coke/Pepsi, so it is not a caffine thing, just the taste of cofffee. Weird...
  21. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    you spelled it wrong. the crazy drug you want is actually called Obecalp.

NO side affects, great high. Best of all, it is 100% undetectable by any drug test.
  22. fistful macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2004
    my drugs of choice are beer and pot! -_-

there is just something about sitting back with a beer a joint and a guitar and just noodle away for hours on end!

I haven't smoked pot for a month or two, haven't been in the right kind of mood but I'm sure I'll take it up again some day. Oo

just want to say I hate when people brag about drug use, it's really not that "cool".
  23. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    This is very true, but on the other hand, the anti-drug zealots spend so much time characterizing and stereotyping recreational drug users that it's too tempting to piss them off... unfortunately, most of the people that brag about drugs are already the stereotypes we want to avoid.

Now, on the other hand, things that require skill, i will gladly brag about. It's fun to sit with a couple of newbie smokers and roll up a J, fast and perfect, while they're sitting there shredding papers...

24. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    ill make brownies once in a while, smoke about once or twice on weekdays, maybe once on the weekends, it helps me sleep when i have insomnia, Lorcet for back and knee pains, and i used to take Demerol for migraines.

I was a core raver back in the early 90's before all the kids fouled it up. I've dropped acid a few times, shrooms put me to sleep too so when its around ill get some for insomnia. I'll take a hit from a bullet when im out clubbing, or right before i leave and i want to sober up fast.

yeah, im a bad boy. :(