What DS Game to Buy?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hi all,
    Today I bought a blue DS with FIFA 06 and Mario Kart, mario kart is awsome I just think it lacks on the single player campaigns as it can get repetitive, FIFA is sweet but its a shame you cant play online. Basically I am looking for a game which has depth in single player but is also fun on multiplayer(wifi, like mario kart no multiplayer as in me against a friend). Any suggestions? Dont mind the genre.
    Also if anyone wants to race on mario kart my code is 103141 165621.
    Thanks
    Patmian212(lunchbox on DS)

PS: How long does the ds battery last, and is the DS durable I dont have a case, I will prolly put it in my backpack or pockets, might take a few bumps.

2. Kimi macrumors regular

Advanced Wars DS - A great Turn based game, can be so damn hard it hurts. Loads of maps and you can play multi player battles too.

Mario 64 - Fun all the way, loads of missions on it to catch all the stars. No real multi player.

As for the battry life, about 8 hours-ish. I've never timed it, but I oftern just close the lid when I'm not playing instead of turning it off. For durability, I carry my DS in the front pocket in my backpack to school quite a lot. I've got no damage to it at all. It's not in a case or anything. It's in the same compartment as my iPod and phone and they're both Ok too.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've found the battery life to be ok, not as good as the GBA though. my Micro just doesn't ever want to stop. I get about 8 hours on my DS. I think Nintendo had a quiet tear to hide when they released this with that battery life. Their usual battery life being about 11-14 hours.

Animal Crossing is a very good game to get. I've just got it and so far I've had the best time on that than any other handheld game. It feels like Nintendogs but with stronger goals. it has the same relaxing factor.

4. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I just got trouma center for x-mas, its actually quite fun, only played it a ltittle so far, but I like it

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I think nintendo said that one of the "qualifications" for their handhelds was that it last 8 hours on a single charge.

I think that was the time on the original GameBoy.

Anyway, Both AC: Wild World and Tony Hawk Sk8land are really good. I got both for the holidays and I am surprised with Wild World, it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

mario kart DS, kirby canvas curse is great. i'm waiting on metroid hunters...

bless

7. jdechko macrumors 68040

I got the same for christmas as well (DS+ Mario Kart, minus FIFA). I'd have to say that although Animal Crossing looks like a kids game, it is loads of fun. I got it yesterday and played it for about 4-5 hours.