What DVD players work well with iTunes mp3 CD-R's?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wilburpan, Aug 17, 2004.

1. wilburpan macrumors regular

I recently bought a Sony DVD player, and was pretty excited because it is supposed to be able to play mp3's. Unfortunately, for some reason it won't play mp3 CD's made with iTunes, which make up nearly all of the mp3 CD's I have.

Is this a widespread problem? And can anyone point to a DVD player that will play mp3 CD's made with iTunes?

2. Norouzi macrumors 6502

What model is your DVD player, I have a Sony DVP-NS315 and it play's MP3 CD's burned from iTunes with no problem. Also you can check online at sony's website for the Documentation. They have a nifty chart that shows exactly what format's will work with a specific player. Have you also tried a different brand of CD?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My Philips 625K plays them fine. It also plays any MPEG videos that may be stored on the CD, and can play imported DVDs too :D

4. wilburpan thread starter macrumors regular

The Sony DVD player I got is the DVP-NS425P. It's been replaced by a newer version. My CD-R's are made by TDK, so it's a brand name, not a cheapo generic CD-R, so I don't think that's the issue. They have worked for me for every other application I've put them to.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My Apple-supplied combo drive won't read* 'TDK Gold' CD-Rs, so try a different brand, just in case.

*It reads them fine if they were recorded with the same drive, but it won't touch the ones I recorded with my iBook.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward