What DVDs/CDs are you anticipating the release of?

Discussion in 'Community' started by MattG, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I've got a habit of going on Amazon every couple of days and searching for stuff that I'm eagerly awaiting to be released, usually things that haven't even been announced yet. Amazon just put up for sale the Season 2 of "Arrested Development" and Season 2 of "Scrubs." I've also got "Sin City," "The Simpsons-Season Six," and "Curb Your Enthusiasm-Season Four" on order. Anybody else excited about any upcoming music or movie releases?

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'm a sucker for comic based movies. Just got Constantine, and am looking forward to Sin City and Fantastic Four (yes, I know it is still in theaters). I'm also looking forward to season 4 of both Alias and Smallville, and season 2 of Arrested Development.

I try not to look ahead at release dates, preferring to grab the circular section every Saturday to see what the next Tuesday willl bring. I've been making a concerted effort to not buy every DVD I want to see, relying more on rentals unless it is a must have. My collection is already way too big as it is (over 300).

3. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Seinfeld seasons 5-9 thats about it, hollywood has not got me very exited since LOTR, although i am eagerly expecting king kong :)

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....quite a few - I keep a list of what I want when I hear about them....just a few of them are:
    Orenda Fink's cd "Invisible Ones" (she is 1/2 of Azure Ray )
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer's 2DVD career retrospective "Beyond the Beginning"
    Freakwater's new cd "Thinking of You"
    Heather Nova's new cd "Redbird"
    Experimental Aircraft's third cd
    ...and I could go on and on.....oh yeah!

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Just waiting for Seinfeld season 5-9 which I will definitely buy and maybe 24 Season 4. Oh and maybe CSI season 5. I'm only interested in TV shows. I don't think it's worth $25 just to own a movie that you will watch once.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Sin City
    Read Or Die TV disc 7 (which i think came out recently :/)
    Samurai Champloo disc 4
    Madlax volume 3

7. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Yeah me too--I've bought all the Seinfelds they've come out with so far. That's another one I check Amazon for every so often :)

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm waiting for the Hitchhiker's Guide to come out on DVD since I'm hoping there are a few extra bits in there that didn't make it into the movie release. And there were so many bits to 'see' that pausing it to watch specific sequences might be rather fun.

9. iGav macrumors G3

The next albums from Pop Will Eat Itself and Portishead. :D

10. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I was planning on getting that but I was so dissapointed in the movie that I decided not to.

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

All my top choices are a ways in the future:

1) Harvey Birdman Volume 2
    2) Family Guy Season 4
    3) Batman Begins
    4) Duckman (if it ever is officially released on DVD, all I've heard is rumors thus far...)

I've noticed a lot of people including Seinfeld on their lists. I'm a big Seinfeld fan as well, however they repeat the show so many bloody times on so many channels that I can watch about 6 episodes a day if I really wanted to. As a result, I see them on a constant basis so many times I don't feel it necessary to own the DVDs.

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Pirates 2

Watched Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl for about the 20th time last night... was just to test a newly acquired used DVD player, honest. That popcorn? It just happened to be lying around...

13. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Oh, I suppose one other (far in the future) addition would be all the LOTR movies once they're re-released in HD format. I'm bypassing them on normal DVD. ;) :cool:

14. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I am looking forward to:

"Pink Floyd - Pulse", and any rumors of the old "Tiny Tunes" "Animaniacs" or "Duck Tales" cartoons.

Also, I would love to get "Walt Disney's Treasures the Complete Goofy" from Netflix or Blockbuster, but unfortunately they don't carry it. Its only on eBay or used on Amazon for 50+ bucks.

As for the Seinfeld DVD's I'll pick em up along with "The West Wing", "Lost", "The Simpsons" and "CSI".. but I really wouldnt say I am "anticipating". I am in no Hurry. Its just the stuff that has no release date that I get excited over.

15. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I remember when my brother bought that CD when it was first released. Awesome packaging and design - what I remember most though is the little pulsing LED in the spine of the CD case - that was cool!

16. qzak macrumors 6502

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory - it just came out, but i've seen it twice, i love it. Johnny Depp was soo good in it.

Batman Begins - best Batman movie since the original

Smallville Season 4 - greeeeat series

The Rolling Stones' as of now untitled new cd! - Greatest band ever, got tix to two of their shows in september!

probably plenty more, i love movies, but cant think of any right now

- Star Wars Ep III ROTS - as FoxyKaye just posted, hell yeah.. the best one out of the new three.

17. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Me too! Gods that movie was funny - my partner and I were positively rolling on the floor, but I'd say that it was completely lost on a good 40% of the audience.

Also looking forward to Episode III - there's a few scenes I'd like to see cut ("I love you because you're beautiful... You're beautiful because I love you... etc.") though this probably won't happen, BUT I'm hoping they add the Mon Mothma scenes back in. It would be cool to see her before her appearance in ROTJ.

They looked really neat all lined up on store shelves with all the LEDs pulsing - kind of like little red holiday lights. When I first bought the set though, I thought the LED was powered by a watch battery or something. It turns out that it was actually one or two AA batteries, which, had I not caught them in time, would have leaked all over the CD case.

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yikes, good thing you caught that one! Yeah, my bro still has that set in his collection - I should see if he has fresh batteries for the thing still... ;)

19. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I'm also looking to the future:

Sin City 2
    Spiderman 3
    X-Men 3

The Hobbit (this is more of a wish, maybe after Peter Jackson finishes Kong.)

King Kong (the Peter Jackson remake)

20. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

New Boards of Canada album.

First album since 2002's Geogaddi album. Words cannot express how excited I am about this :D

Also new Portishead will be nice!

21. satty macrumors 6502

Not to forget this gem:

The Castle

for Region Code 2 incl. the original slang.
    I heard the American version (RC1) is dubbed...

22. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Ah yes, BoC - Music Has the Right to Children - I'm looking at the CD sitting in one of my racks right now. :) Wouldn't mind hearing the new one, didn't realize there was even a new one coming out!

As for Portishead, the only thing I really ever liked of theirs was the BBC Radio One Essential Mix they did back in 1994 - I still listen to it every once and a while...

23. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Both of these albums are must haves, I cannot wait for these. As well as the new Sigur Ros album....the new Sparklehorse album....and the new Radiohead album slated for mid-2006.

24. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

24-Season 4: Missed the episodes on the telly just so I can devour the series in one go...please come out already.

Lost: Have heard good things, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

I'm gagging for these to be released so I don't have to run out of the room everytime somebody starts talking about one of these shows!

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Oh well here, let me fill you in - on the last episode of Lost... :eek: ;) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.