What Earphones for iPad (for around $100/£70) !???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iMoo, Mar 14, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

iMoo

With just a few days away until my iPad finally arrives :D i want to ask you guys, what earphones would you recommend?

I do have the normal earphones that came with my iPhone 4, but wondered, now i will be using my iPad more for media and games etc, what would be a decent set of earphones to get?

Now i have spent alot of money (for me) getting the iPad so i dont want to be wasting hundreds on the latest state of the art earphones made from royal camel hair, encrusted in diamonds with white gold tips and polished using dinosaur blood :eek: ...just a decent all round set, that will make me go ahhhhh :)

So what would you guys in the know recommend getting that i will hear a significant difference when using them?

2. macrumors member

3. thread starter macrumors regular

iMoo

4. macrumors 65816

I'd recommend Meelectronics SP-51 for if you like bass, and Meelectronics A151 for pure sound joy but not much bass.
    They last long, have a anti tangle cord, great sound, and great price.
    I owned alot of earphones, but these are the best for your money.

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors member

Meelectronics (and SoundMagic to be fair) are just about the best bang-for-buck IEMs you can buy. Superb value for money.

7. macrumors member

Yeah I second them they're so comfy and the quality is far the best I've found in headphones (well from previous versions) :)

8. thread starter macrumors regular

iMoo

£119 in the UK these things never seem to convert well over here, same as around $190 look good though

9. macrumors member

I'm a big fan of the Klipsch Image s4i. It has the three button control and you can get them for about $70 on Amazon.

10. macrumors 65816

i had those. Crap quality IMO. They sound shrill to my ears.

I think the Meelectronics are alot better.

11. macrumors member

+1
    These are the most comfortable earphones I've ever had. When I'm on the road I wear these almost 16 hours a day. They don't fall out or need to be adjusted.

12. macrumors member

Well I've had both the Bose and the Klipsch ones, I like/liked them both but before they hit a year the wire came away so I took them back and got store credit then bought the bose :)

13. macrumors 68030

I would go for Klipsch S4i.

I bought Klipsch image s4i for 59.99 dollars on amazon.

I also have Bose earbud.

To my ear, I did not feel much of difference on sound. Bose was little bit more secure, but then again. bose is above 100 dollars.

14. macrumors member

They sounded shrill to me when I first put them in. But then I read that I needed to turn them 180 degrees and the difference was amazing.

15. thread starter macrumors regular

iMoo

Can get them in white for £49.99 (think they same)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-101...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331755663&sr=1-4

Or black for £58.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-S4i...6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331755663&sr=1-6

Quite a few reviews talk about the build quality so would have to be careful if i did opt for these, though.
    Unfortunatly the Bose ones are double at £119