Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Just wondering what happened to them, there were a few you could get when MR first switched to Xenforo, but have since disappeared.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'll be hiding in my safe space until participation trophies return.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Although I never cared about the trophies, it was fun to read people's complaints about them. It's sort of amazing just what people will complain about. Perhaps some thought trophies were indicative of our growing desire to be congratulated for everything we do, but I saw them as fulfilling of our need to turn things into games. I'm all for turning mundane things into games.

exercise.png

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Although I never cared about the trophies, it was fun to read people's complaints about them. It's sort of amazing just what people will complain about. Perhaps some thought trophies were indicative of our growing desire to be congratulated for everything we do, but I saw them as fulfilling of our need to turn things into games. I'm all for turning mundane things into games.

exercise.png
The MacRumors rankings are already like levels in a game, and they even get harder to reach the higher you go. Even so, you deserve 10 trophy points for this post :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.