What Ext. keyboard and mouse do u use for laptop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fblack, Sep 5, 2006.

1. fblack macrumors 6502a

fblack

I'm considering buying a macbook pro soon. 15" and will probably attach to my monitor when home. I'm considering running in clamshell mode and using an external keyboard and mouse. I'm looking for some advice on choices. I had bad experiences trying to run a setup like this on my dell inspiron (work), everything just ran sluggishly so I'm curious what others have experienced on the mac side.

thanx...:)

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I use an Apple wireless keyboard and a wireless Mighty Mouse; the setup works well. I previously used a wired version of each, which also worked well.

No sluggishness.

3. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I use an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Bluetooth Might Mouse. Both work very well, and no need to connect or disconnect any wires!

4. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Use an Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse. Bluetooth of course - means I can plug the laptop into my TV as well, and use them as remote controls.

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i have a bluetooth apple keyboard, but a logitech wireless mouse. i'd like the bluetooth MM, but don't think i can justify the $70 price, especially since the logitech works perfectly (and probably fits my hand better, too :p)

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I use the normal Apple keyboard (wired), and the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0:
    [​IMG]

7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I use the bluetooth apple keyboard and mouse with my MBP

8. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Logitech V500 USB-wireless mouse.

9. fblack thread starter macrumors 6502a

fblack

Wow, alot of apple bluetooth products from people who responded. Hmmm... no sluggishness either, what about dropped signals? Anyone use their bluetooth stuff to game? I use a logitech MX1000 laser on my current setup and its pretty good but a little heavy. :)

10. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

I'm using a Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard (USB) and a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse. The Mouse is sometimes jumpy, so it's probably better to get a RF mouse (seems the problem is the BT bandwidth). Since I'm not playing games, it doesn't bother me that much..

11. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

I use the wireless Apple keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse- they can't make operating systems, but their peripherals are always very good.

12. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Apple Pro Wired KB $29.00
    and my old Logitech 2 button mouse with scroll wheel.