what features do you want on your iPad case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ZooGue, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

Hello, everyone please tell me what features you would like your iPad case to have.

What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Thank You,
    Tim Angel

2. macrumors 65816

Dammit Cubs

Its got to look great. I personally like a vintage look where I can see the case lasting for a while and even getting better with age.

depending on how people want to use the case. Some people like to make so you can hold it in a stand. Some people don't like the bulk. Some people want more protection.

I personally like a bag thats got a bit of style since a lot of stuff i buy tends to look good. I don't want it too big, then i wouldn't have bought the bag. I would already use the bags i have.

3. macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Material? I'd say synthetic leather. Real leather if it's not too expensive.

Color? Most definitely black. Maybe some accents. You could always have it be black with options of different colored accents.

Fuctionality? It should protect my iPad first and foremost. Not necessarily from falls (I don't want it to be too bulky) but at least from scratches. This means it should provide ample coverage to sides (alot of cases leave the sides open).

It should also let me stand it up: In Landscape mode (90~ degree angle, to watch videos) and in typing mode (45 degree angle). Also, It'd be cool to have some sort of way for the cover to stay securely on the front. From what i hear the official apple case is very good at being a stand, but the front cover seems to not lie flat after using it as a stand for a while. So some sort of magnet (like on purses)
    Maybe the option of having a small pocket for papers, business cards, (itunes cards? lol) or the like. Not too big of a pocket though-

Final word: It should be as slim as possible.

4. macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I like gigantic logos taking up the entire front and back. If you can squeeze one in on the spine - even better!

:D

Sorry - couldn't resist.

5. macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I like the folio style cases, like the Apple case (which I'm using now). I just don't like the seam that goes around the outside or the obstructed speaker.

For color I like black.

For material I like whatever the Apple case is made of and microfiber. I also like neoprene.

For functionality I like to cover the screen, to prop it up in landscape for typing, and to stand in portrait. I'm not concerned about protection from drops, just to keep it from getting scratched.

6. macrumors 6502

Something that looks very good and lets you hold the iPad at a slight incline for typing.

I love the look of the Vaja cases for example, and I would have no problem paying for one of them, but you can only fold them flat, so that rules them out.

7. thread starter macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhaah O man you made my day hahahaah.
    lmao

I would have to agree hahaha, Thank You for the suggestion I will try my best to make the biggest logo humanly possible for the front of the case

Thanks Fireproof,
    Tim Angel
    ZooGue
    http://www.ZooGue.com

8. macrumors member

I ordered the macally bookshelf but would have preferred if it was black suede.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Tim Angel's Replys

I like magnets also because they can be hidden and they get the job done, but I would say I might not feel safe with a magnet on my iPad case. I wonder if small magnets can harm the iPad at all. Does anyone know?

Yes It's not easy to make a functional case that is thin. But I have to say that this case I am working on is pretty thin and is fully funtional.

Tim Angel

Yes I dont know what the official iPad case is made out of either I hear that it is made out of microfiber material or something.

I had my sister buy one for me and ship it over to me hear in China so I could take a look at it because it looks really nice in the pictures.

Tim Angel

Yes I have seen those cases they look pretty nice. Do you know what the price is on those cases?

Tim Angel

Yes I think black would be the most common color for people.

Tim Angel

10. macrumors 6502

Merlosso

No, small, low power magnets to hold a case open or closed won't damage the iPad, and you would only need very small magnets. Sounds like a good idea!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/116572/busting_the_biggest_pc_myths.html

11. thread starter macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

That is good to know I will keep that in mind for our future cases.

Thank You
    Tim Angel

12. macrumors member

Also available in colors other than black or brown

protect from falls and scratches - i.e., protects the edges as well.

support use as a stand in both landscape and portrait

pocket for accessories (charger, stylus, headset)

one of the things I like about my iskin revo2 case for my iphone is that it has plugs that fill the ports / connectors when not in use but are removable (and remain attached to the case) when I need to use the dock or headset connector ports.

13. macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Would be awesome if you could have a standard product (or 2 or 3) but then have the option to change the material/color/engraving(?)/etc like NIKE I.D.

Ideally I'd like colors other than Black/Brown/White with the functionality of a trapper keeper :D

14. macrumors newbie

Here are the case features I want
    1) iPad is usable in the case with access to all controls/ports
    2) slim and has over the shoulder strap that can be disconnected
    3) easy to get iPad in/out and will not stretch out of shape with use
    4) padded enough to provide protection for iPad
    4) nice looking leather

15. macrumors 6502

16. thread starter macrumors member

ZooGue Smart Case owner reply

I agree with you on these points. Im thinking about maybe a different versions one very clean and thin and another that could also have pockets for all the accessories.

Thank You for your input,
    Tim Angel
    Owner
    ZooGue

I just checked that out and wow it is very amazing, how you can customize Your shoe. That is a great idea.

Thank You Very much that is a great idea,

Tim Angel
    Owner
    ZooGue

I agree with you. I wonder how many people would prefer a shoulder strap.
    QUESTION TO EVERYONE......... what do you guys think about the shoulder strap that John suggested? Would you prefer with or without.

Thank You very much for your input John.

Tim Angel
    Owner
    ZooGue
    http://www.ZooGue.com

17. thread starter macrumors member

ZooGue Smart Case Owner's Reply

I actually am still waiting for my official ipad case. But that is becuase I am here in China so it is taking awhile.

Yes I would like very much to see the material in person. I have to say I think it is one of the best cases so far.

Simple, Convenient, and decent price.

Thank You Andrew,

Tim Angel
    Owner
    ZooGue

18. macrumors 6502

Merlosso

A case with a shoulder strap is not for me. I prefer a bag to put the iPad in if I need to carry it.

19. macrumors newbie

Soft minimally-processed leather like the better Vaja stuff.

20. macrumors 6502

leather, very thin and form-fitting like the Apple case, able to support in typing and movie positions on a fold out table when travelling in an airplane. Basically similar specs to the Apple case is ideal, except made out of leather.

However I would prefer if the part that touches the table doesn't touch the screen. SO from that perspective, the in-case book case may be better but only if that style can be made as thin as possible.

I prefer no vendor logo unless it is the Apple logo. I like idea of personalization with my initials, ideally embossed in silver.

21. macrumors 6502

thin and strong

Like most of you I want a thing but very strong case, one where if it walls say 3 feet the pad will be okay. I say 3 feel cause I am about 6'3 so that would be the drop. I don't need it to hold anything, like pens and paper, just the pad. I would like it to also protect the screen and very easy to get the pad out and in when I dont want it to be in a case. Also simple for synch.
    I need a case for:
    -At my friends house who have 4 kids
    -The dog park
    -Falling out of the car, my iPhone has done that before.
    - Road trips and plane trips

The reason I want it to be able to get in and out of the case is at home when I want it to be nice and thin, like it should be.

The current case I am using for my iPhone is great except it's a little bulky, when I take the phone out I forget how thin it is. Great phone case, protects the screen too. Though it did take some getting used to. I had to get my current case when my phone was not in my DLO belt holster and took a spill down my driveway, I was very lucky, so I went out and got a case to make sure I dont press my luck!

22. macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I trust that my check is in the mail? ;)

23. macrumors member

Maybe a removable one, if any; If I had to pick yes or no for a non-removable one, I'd opt for no strap.

24. macrumors regular

Sparced

25. macrumors 68020

danpass

Leather

Dark brown (black is played out so to speak lol)

Same angles as the Apple one.

Are you familiar with the boxes that a 25pack of photo paper comes in?
    One that folds open and closed would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.