What features would you like to see in the iPod???

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ollywilson2003, Jun 11, 2003.

1. ollywilson2003 macrumors member

Well, errr the name really says it all-
    Yeah us Mac users all know its the best mp3 player out there but how could it be improved???-

2. ozubahn macrumors regular

I want the option to hear the clicker in the earphones only. I usually leave the clicker turned off, because with my headphones on and music playing, I'm the only one around who can't hear it.

3. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I want video. 20gb can easily store a whole movie or two. even if the screen is only 2 inches wide i'll just hold it close to my eyes. :D

4. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

5. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

A high-quality recording feature would be great. Something that would let you record from a line-in source like a radio, or with decent microphone(s). It would be perfect for on-the-go capturing of just about any audio.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Ability to save settings to disk!!

I wish the existing iPod would save all the users settings to disk! As it currently stands, if the battery runs dead, all the menu/shuffle/EQ etc. settings are lost. Very annoying!

Mike.

7. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

8. ollywilson2003 thread starter macrumors member

How about bluetooth earbuds/headphones- i dunno, is this possible?

9. iMook macrumors regular

1. LCD remote w/ jog dials/shuttle switches instead of big (relatively) separate buttons

2. small issue: make the bundled earbuds have a short cord + extension. Unless you're Robert Waldo, earbud cable length + remote cable length = much too long

3. brushed metal back

4. a video accessory (i.e. plug-in 5"-7"OLED screen)

10. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

A color screen would be wonderful. It doesn't need video capabilities, just a color screen. It's so nice on my cell phone (Motorola i95, Nextel) that the screen on my iPod is always slightly disappointing. Hmmmm, thinking back on the video, I think a VGA out port, similar to those on the iBook and 12" PowerBook would be great. Imagine, I could put all the Lord of the Rings movies on a 30 GB iPod, and always have them with me. <sigh> But that's in a perfect world.

Visit Blue Pudding!
    http://bluepudding.1hwy.com

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i doubt the sound quality woud be as good, but it could conceivably be done. just, with earbuds, where would the batteries go? if the dangled, it would probably look fruity and the would fall out a lot i bet.

12. Foucault macrumors 6502

Foucault

Wireless remote control!! that would definitely be awesome...

13. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

i've got this crazy idea for a future iPod to make it 50x's better - place the function buttons (rew/fwd/menu/play) AROUND the circular scrollwheel instead of the touch-sensitive buttons at the top...oh... wait a second...

14. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    yeah, bluetooth headphones, i was actually thinking this on the subway this morning. i always used big ass headphones though, not those crappy in the ear ones. this would solve the battery issue. also, when your celly rings, the BT iPod would pause the music and answer the phone, so you could use the headphones as your phone, just have a li'l flipdown gooseneck microphone to talk into.......hmmmmmm, i want it, now!!