What free MMORPG will work on my macbook

Discussion in 'Games' started by bkitchen, Sep 9, 2006.

1. bkitchen macrumors newbie

I have a 1.83 dual core, 1 gig of ram, macbook. I dont have to have the best graphics, but want something fun that alot of people play. Planshift has good graphics, but i believe you need a graphics card. I have read of people playing wow on my macbook. If this is true then I supose there are other games I could play with out a graphics card. Thank your for your response.

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

There is Runescape, which runs in your browser. But it is rather tedious, even for an MMORPG!

3. bkitchen thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant get runscape to work lol. It freeze up when i select my age everytime.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

The MacBook does have a graphics card (well, as much of a card it can be when it's on the logic board, like 95% of laptops sold today), but it doesn't have dedicated RAM.

5. bkitchen thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, holy crap soda, that is the lamest game I have ever seen lol

6. bkitchen thread starter macrumors newbie

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

8. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

My younger brother is addicted to this game :eek:

It's not free per se, but there are no monthly fees. so Guild Wars

9. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

Second Life is a really awesome game to try. I have not tried it on an intel but with the Powerpc emulator it should work.

www.secondlife.com

10. bkitchen thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, I am trying dofus, and i will try the other next.

11. bkitchen thread starter macrumors newbie

I couldn't get either of those to games running, its very sad.

12. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

running just fine on all my machines. what seems to be the trouble?

13. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

14. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

My two favorite games will run on your MacBook just fine:

Puzzle Pirates and
    Medievia

Puzzle Pirates is a (amazingly enough) a pirate themed MMO that is based on playing mini-puzzle-games... For example, when you get on a ship you may be assigned to work the sails which you accomplish by playing a falling piece game completely unlike Tetris (can't think of any games it is like :)). It's free to play as long a you want, but you have to buy tokens ("Dubloons") or trade in game money with other players for Dubs in order to access certain areas of the game or buy some of the items

Medievia is a game which is the root of all MMORPGs: a MUD or Multi User Dungeon. It's a text based game with several thousand players, anywhere fro m 150-500 online at a time. It is HUGE, much larger than any MMO I have played. It also has dynamic economy, and weather system, player controlled politics, cities, and huge ships. I've played on and off for about 12 years. It's completely free to play, although they accept 'donations' in exchange for special items you can't otherwise get.

Also, I've heard the Guild Wars runs on the Intel mini's/MacBooks OK, so worth a try if there is a demo (cost you $40 or so for the game, but no fees).

Have fun!

15. bkitchen thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Slayer or what ever kind of lame emo name that is. It is not a ebcac problem. Its because all the software running on my computer is up to date. These are a little bit older games, they dont work on the newest version of flash. I studied computer at school. I am new to mac. I don't claim to be a genious, but i can trouble shoot and read trouble shooting forums.

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Learn to read. Don't insult others' names unless they really are retarded, eh, l4m30 3m0 b1tchin :rolleyes: