Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Black Ops 3 (PS4), every day with friends. It's taken me by surprise tbh, only purchased it because a good buddy of mine is an addict and has been going on at the rest of us to jump in. Haven't touched anything outside of multiplayer, though I'm keen to give zombies a go at some point.

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
I finally got through The Wind Waker HD last night, not that I was in any rush to finish it. Excellent game. The sailing portions almost put me off of the game in the beginning just because it was pretty boring slooooowly drifting between islands but the swift sail and warp cyclones made it all better.

I'm thinking of starting on Super Metroid now.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Bloodborne Progress Blog:

Defeated Mergo the wet nurse. First try, I found her surprisingly easy?

Now I need to read up on how to get to see the different endings before I proceed.

Reactions: MRU

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Tempted to buy it - but went with platformer 'unraveled' instead.
Just downloaded Unravel this morning and will give it a shot this afternoon. Looks like some very nice art direction from the videos I have seen.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just downloaded Unravel this morning and will give it a shot this afternoon. Looks like some very nice art direction from the videos I have seen.
It is beautiful. I am taking my time soaking in each level because I know it's a relatively short game, but I really don't want such loveliness to end.

Reactions: Weaselboy

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Bloodborne Progress Blog:

And......I did it! I conquered the monster! :D :D :D. It certainly has been a crazy and intense ride.

The Old Hunters must have made me pretty tough, especially the Orphan of Kos. I finished the rest of the main game without any problems. Beat Mergo on my first try, Gehrman and Moon Presence took me two tries each. :)

I saw all three endings, too. Can't say that any one made much sense to me, but I guess they fit well with the rest of the game. ;)

I am two trophies shy of platinum: The "collect all hunter weapons" and the "beat the pthumeran queen" or whatever. Will work on those at some point. I am really not a trophy whore, but this game deserves it.

I will post my review of the full game soon in the "rate the last game you finished" thread.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've been working through FF7 on iPhone. I made it up to Safer Sephiroth, who promptly* killed me.

*If "promptly" is a valid word when he has an ability that takes two minutes to spin up...

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
I'm totally lost in Super Metroid right now. I hate having to resort to a map, but even with a detailed map I can't figure out which way I'm supposed to go. lol

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Started Thief on PS4.

It's pretty much what I expected. Pretty decent stealth game but feels a little off. Painful voice acting. I think I will have some fun with it, but I have a feeling that Dishonored was really the game that Thief wanted to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy and MRU

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've been working through the iOS version of FF9. It's been many years since I played it on PS1 (I still have it!)

Unfortunately the iOS version has quite a lot of bugs at the moment :(

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I tried the open beta for Division. But after getting bored after two hours already decided to call it a day. Looked awesome but movement feels way to resticted and a bit clunky to keep me going. No crouching? No jumping? Also a bit on the walking simulator side.

Having such a good setup it's super lazy dishing out your generic 'hooded thugs' by the numbers. Think they all looked the same too.

Bit of a bummer, thought this would be like Fallout only in NYC and third person. Saved me 60bucks..

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Not much gaming time lately due to work. Still have Witcher 3 I want to play, but at this point may skip it and play Dark Souls 3 for my next RPG.

Been playing mostly SW:Battlefront when I have time to game. I still have fun in that.

Tried Plants Vs Zombies 2 Beta. I really liked the first one, this one, not so much. I can't put my finger on it. It felt too competitive and everyone out for themselves. Just not as casual and fun as the first game. I'm skipping buying this one.

I also played the open beta for Division over the weekend. I pretty much agree with Twietee, it is a borefest. I don't like the setting, the story and campaign seems weak, and the only motivation for PvP area is to get more loot. This game just doesn't have much to stand on as it is. I can see it maybe being sort of fun if you got a good 4 player crew to run crazy in the dark zones, but even then, the game seems too repetitive. Suffice it to say, I'll be skipping buying this one too.

Hey Taustin, congrats beating Bloodborne, that's awesome! I sure wish I could play Old Hunters w/o having to start at the beginning. Oh well, some other time.

Reactions: Taustin Powers

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
How is it?
I realise that it's a very old game, but it didn't really "grab" me as much as I expected it to. I suspect that a lot people out there played it on the PS1 - indeed I did on a friend's PS when it was new, but only got a few hours into it. I did enjoy it back then, but gameplay has improved since then so 7 feels pretty clunky now.

I'm working through 9 now and it's leaps and bounds better, in my opinion. I have played it in its entirety in the past though.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.