Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Agreed, although I was so young when I played it, not sure I ever really finished it. Played it on my 386 back then and the voice acting is totally awesome! :D First time I ever heard it.

Playing in the original, pixelated format though. The new one looks good enough but the original is just pixel-perfect imo.

Last Lucas Arts adventure I need is Full Throttle. Played that with a friend on his amiga500 and doubt I would remember most of the riddles. It was fairly short and rather easy I reckon.

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Console: Diablo 3 (one with the expansion) on PS4 is one I play whenever I hang out at my sister's place. It's kind of fun with 4 people all in the living room together.

PC: Tom Clancy - The Division. Far Cry Primal. I keep flipping back and forth between those two.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Trackmania Turbo: Racing through the campaign, trying to get silver on all tracks. About 50 tracks in, and it's starting to become quite challenging! Have not gotten into the track editor yet. I want to, every time I start the game, but then I just get lost in the races. :D Having a ton of fun with this!

Bloodborne: Finished Father Gasoline in NG+, but mostly working away at the chalice dungeons for my last two trophies. Finished the third one (lower pthumeran?), and layers 3 and 4 were actually quite hard already! :)

Reactions: MRU

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Ratchet & Clank reviews are very positive. Looks like a true return to form, with gorgeous visuals.

Maybe in a few years, I will have time to play it... :confused:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
In the "this should come as no surprise" department, I've started Dark Souls III. I've been avoiding all videos, reviews etc in the hope of going in completely blind, so I'll return the favour by saying nothing else other than that the graphics are much more detailed :)

Reactions: MRU

MadDane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2015
I recently bought a (used) Xbox 360, so now I am playing Halo Reach :D I have been a fan of the original Halo game ever since it came out on the original Xbox, and I wanted to try one of the never games. So far I am happy with it.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
In the "this should come as no surprise" department, I've started Dark Souls III. I've been avoiding all videos, reviews etc in the hope of going in completely blind, so I'll return the favour by saying nothing else other than that the graphics are much more detailed :)

Started DS3 too. It feels like a cross between DS1 and Bloodborne, in a very good way.

So what class are you starting with? I played DS1 sorcery/sword/board with more ranged attacks and Bloodborne pure melee with Axe. I picked Knight as starting class as it has optimal starting stats for STR/DEX build later game for least soul levels, thinking mostly melee with perhaps a little archery.

After playing Bloodborne, I'm finding having use of shield again awkward. I'm wondering if switching classes to something with lighter armor, no shield, and light/fast roll might suit me better, but not sure if any of the classes start with decent enough armor/weapon/vitality to be under 30% equipment load for fast roll.

Decisions, decisions...

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
So what class are you starting with?
I started as a warrior; traditionally I'd end up with a lot of points in strength so I picked the class with the most strength as a starting point. Of course, I then had to bring some other stats up to par. I like having an out-of-combat heal so I ended up dumping more points than I'd like into attunement and faith, but I now have the bare minimums for healing and so can focus on the more "combat" stats next.

Got a couple of bosses down so far :)

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Playing with Ratchet & Clank on the PS4. Haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long time now. In fact, my PS4 more or less has been sitting here untouched since I bought it on launch day, until I got R&C. It really looks like a Pixar animated movie. My only disappointment is that it's running at 30fps.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Luigis Mansion on original GameCube hardware. Quite impressive visuals that hold up well enough even today. "Mariooooo!?"

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
I finished The Last Of Us last night. Great game. I finished it on hard mode which wasn't too difficult. Hard did help add tension to some areas in that I had to be careful with my actions and make sure I didn't waste any ammo. The human enemies were pretty predictable and usually not too difficult to pick off one by one but the infected were pretty scary at times.

Now I'm going to rewatch Alien and Aliens before starting on Alien Isolation ;)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Now I'm going to rewatch Alien and Aliens before starting on Alien Isolation ;)

Great game! Stopped playing after finishing half of it for no reason but always keep it installed and remind me that I have to finish it one day. It's more of an experience than a game imo ;)

I'd start playing after watching Alien though.

Downloading DS3 right now - want to see what all the fuss is about. ;) Going to play that one completely offline though as invading would be a royal pita for me. One thing I'm not really digging, as far as I understand the form software games (demon, dark and bloodbourne) is, that one is always tempted to follow some yt-guide or else because it is that hefty and frustrating while isn't really good at explaining stuff at all. But reserving judgement since I never played one of those.

Doom Open Beta was a bit meh. I'll get it for the single player though. Playing Quake with a good chunk of mods now - having a blast! Atmosphere is top notch, one of the best games ever made imo.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.