What game do you want or are looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mmmdreg, Jun 6, 2002.

1. macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I haven't bought/downloaded a game in ages and was wondering what you guys think is good...I'm personally more into FPS's that anything else...I might get DoomIII if everyone says it's good on releases...it looks pretty good right now...but then again, the 2nd Unreal is looking alright too...

2. macrumors regular

I am looking forward to:

Medal of Honor
    Doom 3
    Sim City 4000

3. macrumors regular

MystOnline

I can't wait for the release of MystOnline (or MudPie) in 2003

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I played medaal of honour on PC...it wasn't all that crash hot...

5. macrumors 68000

topicolo

You must not have played through that Omaha beach level. That game is da bomb! MOHAA is easily one of the best games this year and it really feels like you're in Saving Private Ryan when you're playing.

6. macrumors 68030

britboy

That beach landing is intense! You leave the troop carrier, and more likely than not get shot before you can reach cover. Took me ages to get past that part.

The game i'm looking forward to is Doom III. I saw a trailer, and a sneak preview of the gameplay.... the graphics are just completely out of this world. That game is going to be scary :eek: :D

7. macrumors member

Warcraft III and Master of Orion III...wheeee!

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Halo

I've been waiting for this game for years, and with Bungie being bought out by MS, who knows when we'll see it - especially since it helps them sell their friggin XBox, damn, like I need another reason to hate Bill....:mad:

9. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Halo
    Unreal 2 (or whatever they are calling the ones that are soon to be released)
    I have Allied Assault MOH for the game peecee and it is quiet nice. More then a few spots are rough on you to figure out how to survive (like the sub section) but worth it. Since I am rebuilding the game peecee tonight, I will be reinstalling it and playing over the weekend (when not riding). I need to get back to where I was before.

Any/all good FPS games.

10. macrumors 65816

Taft

No Mac games...

But I'm really looking forward to Zelda, Metroid, and Mario.

Taft

11. macrumors 68000

topicolo

I thought the sub level was pretty easy, but getting through those levels filled with snipers all hiding in the shelled out town buildings was just horrible. That Super Tiger tank level was pretty nice tho--blowing up buildings and squishing nazis under my tank's treads gives you a nice high that you don't usually find elsewhere :).

12. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

WARCRAFT 3 BABY!!!
    And starcraft 2!! When it starts being developed!

13. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I just had trouble getting out of the sub in time, before it blew up (and me along with it). Once I got the method worked out, it was fairly easy.

I love using the sniper rifles and taking out the enemies from a distance. The full auto weapons are also sweet... Love spraying them with bullets :D

14. macrumors 68030

britboy

Do you have the same violent nature when not on computers? :eek: :D

Have you tried Rogue Spear? That had some great gameplay, with sniper rifles, automatics.... the works. Great game that was.

15. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Ummmmm, sometimes :D, depends on the situation.

I haven't tried RS, since I have enough other games at this time to keep me 'happy'. I didn't care for how the other games in that series worked... I don't usually go for the squad type game, where you loose if one of your guys eats it.

You should see me in UT :D...

16. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i want links golf..... the idea of a good mac golf game, especially os x, sounds great to me...

and medal of honor looks cool.

as for halo, it's definitely sweet as crap.

17. macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

My wishlist

Some nice big fat Flight Simulator would be right up my alley...

At the moment, I've gotta make do with switching to OS9 when I want to play a game - these carbon games are far too slow. And Hornet Korea isn't playable in Classic mode. Bugger it. When are GraphSim going to patch that game over to X?

Feral Interactive are porting over F1 Championship for all of you budding Schumaker's out there - I've already got my Force Feedback Steering Wheel for that game, and the drivers should be ready with it's release. Yeeehaaaaa!:D

Targetware's Flight Sims look very stylish, too, as does the news that Falcon 5 might be developed for us lucky people. But WWII Online looks the Mutt's Nuts at the moment - and then, of course, there's Medal Of Honour.

www.macgamedatabase.com is a great way to check out some of the best to come our way, and for what may be coming our way in the future...

18. macrumors newbie

i want infiltration 2.87 now please!!!

(its a UT mod for super reaslistic fighting)

19. macrumors regular

Halo...drool...

Halo would make my life complete....just the thought of the game makes me drool...oh jeez...I've actually considered buying an X-Box so that I can play Halo....I'm doomed.

-ArtMan617

20. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Halo...drool...

Dude, don't do it... Halo will be making it's way to the Mac, and peecee too, soon, just not soon enough.

21. macrumors 6502

UT2K3, one of the best upcoming games around. Along w/ JK2. Now I would also like a decent PS2 emulator so I could play FFX but thats asking too much.

22. macrumors 6502

Pismo

I can't wait for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast to be released for Mac. It's supposed to be released this summer and I can't wait to play it. I have the first Jedi Knight game for PC and I thought it was fantastic.

23. macrumors 68040

I'm looking forward to Master of Orion 3.

24. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

UT2

UT2 is going to be on the shelves this month. With that in mind, I would hope that we see it on the Mac before the end of the year.

25. macrumors 68020

Beej

I'm gunna hafta buy a GF5Ti when Doom 3 is released and max out the detail... oooooh yea...