What Game next

Discussion in 'Games' started by karlio, Apr 6, 2005.

1. karlio macrumors newbie

The guys and I in the office have had enough playing Medal of Hounor, we all have Powerbook G4s 1.5. What do you recomend for us to dwinddle away those lazy days when the MD is out. we rather fancied Doom 3 but I suspect it will run like a dog on our machines? :cool:

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Doom 3 will run ok if you have the setting turned all the way down and you have to have atleast a gig of ram. Try downloading the new Enemy Territory game. It's really fun. Call of duty is pretty good too. You could also get a free copy of the demo for BF1942 and play over Game Ranger.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yep, I gotta second that Enemy Territory recommendation - far too many hours of entertainment! :D

4. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Close Combat: First to Fight is soon to be released for Mac. The requirements for the game are very low: 867mHz processor, etc... What's amazing is the game is being released for Mac before the Windows and Xbox version. Given this is only a 4 day head start, but when was the last time you saw a big game released for the Mac first.

This game is based around team combat of Marines. The screen shots and videos look very promising.

Oh, by the way, the release date is set for April 15

A little info: http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=11092

5. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I recommend unreal 2004 if you want an FPS. If you're an RPG person, then World of Warcraft is the ultimate consumer of time, though pricey.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Unreal Tournament 2004! If you play over LAN in your office, then its even better! :D Months of fun!

If you want a single player game, get Knights of the Old Republic. Its very cool RPG, with some good storyline and it should run fine on your Mac

7. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

UT2K4 is the king :D And it's not even very demanding (but can look so great if you got the gear).

8. osiris315 macrumors member

osiris315

Enemy Territory!!! :D :D We used to play Delta Force 2 to death in our office until we discovered ET. Glad to see that they've ported it to the Mac.

It's free, but a hefty 260Mb download!

9. Rocky3478 macrumors regular

America's Army. It's an awesome game and is free too!!

10. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Well if you guys don't mind spending some money, I'd pick up Call of Duty + Expansion (United Offensive). In United Offensive you can drive vehicles and stuff. Great multiplayer. Halo is also a blast. I used to play that game for hours on end. I'm a bit spoiled from Call of Duty so I don't really enjoy it, but Americas Army is probaly the best freeware multiplayer game known to man. I've also downloaded Wolfenstein but haven't tried it. Anyway, that's a pretty good selection right there.

11. stutz macrumors member

Keep in mind that Enemy Territory is the offshoot of Return to Castle Wolfenstein which had a great 1st person player mission (still looks good even though the game's a little dated). Battlefield 1942 is probably the ultimate other than UT2004 (both of which have nice mods available).

12. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

StarCraft has always been my favorite multiplayer game. It's awesome, if you're into real time strategy, of course. Just played a game of it a couple of minutes ago, in fact. Though the games can chew up large chunks of time, dunno if that's an issue if you're only playing when the boss is out? It's old, cheap, and will run beautifully on your PB.

13. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Yea Starcraft is a good game. But graphics is bad in there. imagine Starcraft (640x480) on 30 inch monitor!!! :D

When Starcraft2 will come out?

14. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

1) Gameplay > Graphics

2) I want StarCraft 2 more than anything.