What game to buy to show of the "Graphikal Powa!" of my new G5?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lain.v2, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Lain.v2 macrumors newbie

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Unreal Tournament 2003 is the best game for you to show the Gfx capabilities. I would recommend X-Plane too, which plays extremely nicely on my Dual G5. :) Both, kick ass! :D

4. Lain.v2 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh u no like G5? :p

5. legion macrumors 6502a

If your intention is to showoff to your PC buddies with games on the G5, you will be sorely disappointed. The video drivers for the PC world for the same video cards are much better/optimized. Add to that the availablity of higher-end versions of the same cards, and on a graphics' level it's not a competition point.

However, if you are doing this just to see better graphics on your system, UT2K3 is as good as any program to show some nice l&t and pixel shaders.

6. Lain.v2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its my first Mac and the best PC I used is my Pentim 3 1Ghz (still pretty good). So with all this power and the novelty of the G5 Mac I wanna see what it can do :D

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Nascar 2003 run a full field at the coca cola 600 and turn everything on! or UT2K3,Medal of honor,RTCW

8. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Aliens Vs Predator 2

Aliens Vs Predator 2 would challenge your system. On a dual 800 MHz G4 PowerMac I have to run it at the lowest resolution with the lowest quality textures but on a dual G5 it should be playable the way it was meant to be played.

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Halo, early December release date if I remember correctly!!

10. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

That's if it isn't delayed like Halo always seems to be. I haven't played Alien v. Predator 2 yet, but Unreal 2k3 is pretty good for showing all out power with everything turned on.