What games are available for iMac and where?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 2012Tony2012, Dec 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

2012Tony2012

What games play on iMac and where can I find those games and who sells them?

I wanted to play Battlefield etc on iMac, but who sells the games for iMac in Australia?

I can't find Battlefield on iTunes, how come?

2. macrumors member

iTunes doesn't sell Mac games.

You should try the App Store or Steam.

There is also the chance that the game you want to play doesn't exist on Mac.

3. macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Click here for some BF games.

There is Black Ops 2 on Mac App Store too, if you're into Middle East shooters.

4. macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

If you are a fan of (current) Blizzard titles, you can check out World of Warcraft, Diablo III, and Starcraft II. They are all native OS X titles. I think since Lion, support for previous Blizzard titles has been dropped (lack of Rosetta in the latest releases of OS X).

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

2012Tony2012

I can load iTunes, but how do I load the "App Store"? :eek:

6. simsaladimbamba

• Finder > Applications (CMD+SHIFT+A) > App Store
    or
    • Spotlight (CMD+Spacebar) > write "app store" (without the "" of course) > ENTER

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

7. macrumors regular

Also, if you're up for installing Windows, not only will you have a vastly increased array of game options, but those that you could run under OS X will run better under Windows. Games are all I use Windows for. Boot back to Mac OS otherwise.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

2012Tony2012

Thanks everyone, this forum is awesome, everyone is so patient and helpful and understanding of us newbies :)