what games are good for laptops?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jefhatfield, Jan 12, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

laptops generally have less vram so they can't handle the games that desktops can, so what are good laptop games out there?

i have fooled with flight simulator and the role playing titanic game and they are ok since they are not fast moving like a shooting type of game

2. Will Jones macrumors member

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it's so hard to tell anymore, because even the simplest of games tends to have flashy animations and movies anymore, just to show they can. i'm a big fan of all the civ and sim games, especially the older ones, and they're usually pretty light on this type of thing (or at least give you options to disable heavy stuff)... i guess it depends on what you're into... also a lot of puzzle type games run on just about anything, and help to pass the time... they're just not very good at immersion, and usually lack lasting entertainment value...

pnw

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

If you're into strategy then I would recomend Age of Empires II. It has very lenient requirements since it isn't 3D but it's 2D graphics look very polished.

6. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

How about pb games? I started a thread asking for good pb games and I get no response...

Well, what games work well on the 17" iMac. ;)

7. job macrumors 68040

job

If you're into old-skool games on an old-skool laptop, then Civ2 Gold Edition can be really, really, really, addictive.

The Gold Edition comes with a plethora of MP and custom made maps and scenarios.

Did I mention it was addictive?

You and numerous friends can play it on a single computer which I did numerous times on long trips with the X-Country team.

It really is addictive...

8. insidedanshead macrumors regular

9. TiWarrior macrumors member

I have a Titanium 667MHz Powerbook. Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon and Warcraft 3 play very nice! Just make sure you have plenty of RAM.

10. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Links 2002 Championship Edition, provided you max out your RAM and use osX.2.0-2; the new .3 causes it to crash, so I run it under os9 until they bring out a patch.

Tropico is nice, also, though I wish they'd bring out the Vacation pack like they did for the PC version. There is a Tropico 2 coming out later this year.