What games do you have on your Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DwightSchrute, Sep 3, 2006.

1. DwightSchrute macrumors member

My Macbook is supposed to get here this week. I should have it by Friday. I'm not much of a gamer on my PC though, in fact all I ever play is Sim City 4 and I rarely play that anymore since it is so slow. There are games that I'd like to play and I was wondering what games people have on their Macbooks. I would also like to know how well they run. I don't mind if I have to get Windows.

Sim City requires a 32 MB video card with DirectX 7.0 compatible driver. I think the Macbook will work since my PC has an intergrated graphics card but I don't really understand the whole integrated graphics card thing.

So to sum it all up I'm wondering what games run on a Macbook (probably in Windows) and if the Macbook graphics card will work for Sim City 4. Thanks.

2. DwightSchrute thread starter macrumors member

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

A macbook... well the GMA950 is nothing spectacular but it will do fine in SimCity 4, it will also do fine in other non-gpu intensive games like The Sims 2, etc, you might be able to get away with a recent FPS or two, but you'll have to deal with ultra low resolutions, ultra low settings and ultra low framerate.

Now if you had a Macbook Pro that would be a whole different tale, you could play every game in existence, not in the best terms but you could play them.

4. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i have the sims 2 (with the universal patch) and the age of empires with the age of kings expansion (ppc) on my macbook. both run fine, but i dont play either very often.

5. DwightSchrute thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. Chrone I really only play Sim games and strategy games so I should be fine. Now I just need to decide if I want to fork over the money for Windows.:confused:

6. Rare macrumors member

Rare

World Of Warcraft works fine, perfectly smoothly on lowest settings, full screen on a MacBook. (only 1gb ram+ though)