What games should be ported to the Mac.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ninja_Turtle, May 11, 2004.

1. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

im tired of PC users getting all good games first than the Mac users, now i just want to know, what games should be ported to the Mac, i want to know your opinion, Im also tired of companys porting the most lamest games that no ones going to buy on the Mac, for example, they are porting TRON 2.0, all i have to say is that game looks terrible, and also Tomb Raider games are old, let her go, stop porting them! Port games that are actually POPULAR!!!... The Games I think that should be ported to the Mac include:

Half-Life
    Counter Strike
    GunBound
    GTA3
    GTA:Vice City
    Roller Coster Tycoon

even tho GTA3 and GTA:Vice City are already on PS2, being available on the Mac could boost the graphics and performance on the game, thus making it more enjoyable. Thanks, Id like to hear what you have to say.

PS: dont tell me that Counter Strike is a mod of Half Life, I know, but its also a stand alone game. So just dont post back in rage saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH CS is HL MOD" :D :) ;)

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Give me Final Fantasy XI and I'll be content.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I want FarCry, but Half-Life would have been cool. I don't like CS very much, but I love Day of Defeat and wish I could play it on a Mac. But we get Call of Duty and BF1942, so I'll be happy soon. Now just get me FarCry...

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

iwould just like them to be released at the same time as the pc version so i dont have to wait for a port

I want Republic

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

fifa 2004, enough said! mac is seriously lacking football games! when saying football i mean the proper football as in british football!

6. ecche macrumors regular

URU (for old times sake). Why they released this game fro windows only is beyond me. Haven't mac users made Myst big in the first place? Ingrates!

7. Sheebahawk macrumors member

call of duty, and mac doesnt need portws it needs originals

8. cubist macrumors 68020

Rise of Nations (and its expansion pack).

Now that we have X Plane and Total Immersion Racing, I think we're OK in those two areas.

9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

This is kind of a stupid topic. I think all mac users would agree that ALL games should be available for mac.

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

as much as I like snearing at the yanks, saying tally ho while playing x-plane and hateing the french, I can see no excuse for likeing football games expecially fifa

11. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I prefer Brazillian football, but that's probably because I lived there for two years. :D

12. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Empire Earth would be great to have on Mac. I really enjoy playing it on the PC I have access to.

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm pretty happy with what's already coming, but it would be nice if my old games were able to run natively. :)

14. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

I think Battlefield 1942 will be enough for me when I buy a new powerbook
    :)

15. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

16. Swiftstorm macrumors newbie

Rise of Nations
    BF: 1942
    CS
    All GTA series!!!!!! (used to be a petition for GTA2 for mac at a website)
    Farcry

But I don't NEED these. Macintosh gaming at the moment is pretty good compared with a few years back (mid 90s) when we had few developers and they were all old by the time they reached us.

17. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

BF1942 will be nice

Doom 3 would be very cool.

18. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

I would like to see a further refined version of Shogun: Total War. This "port plus" could perhaps add a multiplayer campaign mode and more castle battle maps in addition to bug fixes and other enhancements. Call it the Platinum Edition and release it only on Mac OSX.

19. applekid macrumors 68020

Let me clear up a few things...

Half Life got to a beta version before being canned. Consequently, CS never saw the day of light on the Mac in any form. Sierra withdrew because they didn't have the resources to maintain updates to keep the Mac version up to date to the PC version. I'll cut them some slack since we were just getting out of our "dark gaming age." There should be an article out there somewhere.

As far as GTA3/GTA:VC goes, someone at Rockstar said they were interested in developing a Mac game. That usually means it'll take a long while before we see anything. I doubt GTA3/VC will ever come, but maybe another upcoming version.

Rollercoaster Tycoon has no chance at all. Nearly purely written in Intel assembly. It's not gonna happen.

The only two games I see plausible are FarCry and Half Life 2. Halo 2 has no PC plans so far, unless I'm mistaken.

Just being realistic.

20. vsp macrumors regular

I'd love to see Disciples II ported. Seems like it might be a good choice. Addictive gameplay so it has a long shelf life, not a CPU hog or visually demanding (very pretty though). They keep re-releasing the damn thing on PCs with just a few scenarios added so the company is certainly into milking this one game for all it's worth. What's the hold up?

Did the Thief games ever get ported? They were fun and the new one looks good.

Vince

21. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

you may like this site

22. Ozi macrumors regular

Ozi

23. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

I vote Rise of Nations...

Far Cry and Doom3 are being Xbox ported so I don't really need them.