Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I personally don't trust htc and their batteries.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say Motorola for nexus 2013. But this year, for better or worse, it's lg.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
16GB confirmed by Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/lg-nexus-4-manual-8gb-16gb/

Also "induction coil" for wireless charging.

BTW, still vehemently hate the headphone jack at the top. This position makes zero sense. The wire will hang from the top, then drop down and sometimes across your hand or screen, bending the top, etc. It never made sense for the 4S either. Hated it then too.

At the bottom, it just goes down and out of your way. That makes so much more sense.

I guess I'll probably be getting it then :D

I'd still prefer 32GB but I'll have to settle for 16.

Mr Rogers

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Hong Kong
64G Nexus 7 - WOW factor

If Google/Asus would produce a 64G N7 I'd jump at owning one.

Presently we have a iPad 3 and iTouch G4 both at 64G and both are full to the brim with games, photo's and music.

The iTouch is a great little games consul and has done us proud for two years - the iPad 3 has its upside and daughter likes playing with it - at five though, its a bit of a handful for her shall I say - given Apple have blown it as far as the iPad mini is concerned - we all know it should have been 'Retina' with the A5X chip, particularly at the price point they expect to charge - that leaves the N7 as my only option for something sized between the iTouch and iPad.

Basically, if Google upped its storage to 64G and with 3G connectivity, I'd happily pay US$4000 for it - the price of the present high-end iTouch.

Well that's my wish for Monday's media event - seems like a long shot but if Google wish to trump Apple it should be done on storage and price point front.

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I personally don't trust htc and their batteries.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say Motorola for nexus 2013. But this year, for better or worse, it's lg.
wouldn't really makes sence in Motorola for Nexus 2013 seeing as Google own Motorola. Google have always let 3rd parties do the Nexus, so I'd say Sony or HTC will get it next year.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
...HTC will get it next year.

Assuming HTC doesn't goes bankrupt before then. They really need to up their game when it comes to marketing. They make good smartphones but don't seem to know how to market them.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Assuming HTC doesn't goes bankrupt before then. They really need to up their game when it comes to marketing. They make good smartphones but don't seem to know how to market them.

I think htc is overrated. :p

Their batteries tend to be way undersized and their insistence on placing the power/sleep button on top of such large devices, such as the htc one x, makes it cumbersome to use.

I'd be fine if they never go back to htc until htc gets their game together.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
This makes the N4 look a little nicer:

nexus-4-render.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/one-more-nexus-4-render-leaked-still-looks-nexus-4

Can't wait to have it in person.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
You know what kind of sucks? We can't really handle the device without ordering it first.

Seeing as CarphoneWarehouse is selling it over here there is plenty of opportunity to give one a try in store (at least here in the UK).

I didn't realize that I've bought all Nexus's online without even trying one out so far now that you've posted this though! :eek:

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
You know what kind of sucks? We can't really handle the device without ordering it first.

----------

Why is the bottom bezel so big? What is this, the iPhone? heh...

There does seem to be a lot of bezel on that phone. I can't get over the back, try as I might.

The Samsung tablet looks premium (metal?!) but I don't want a Super AMOLED display. And it's ugly.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
There does seem to be a lot of bezel on that phone. I can't get over the back, try as I might.

The Samsung tablet looks premium (metal?!) but I don't want a Super AMOLED display. And it's ugly.

Cool, zb. I think you missed the turn for the iPhone forums back there.

:p

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Seeing as CarphoneWarehouse is selling it over here there is plenty of opportunity to give one a try in store (at least here in the UK).

I didn't realize that I've bought all Nexus's online without even trying one out so far now that you've posted this though! :eek:

I just went into a Carphone Warehouse shop in Dublin and asked when they'd have it :p obviously the sales rep had no idea but she said we usually get them in Ireland at the same time the UK gets them. I was disappointed to find out they don't sell unlocked phones.

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
LG nexus has way too much bezel for 2012. its even worse than iphone.

the htc one x is probably the best in this area.

nexus 10 with new exynos 5 will be interesting

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Just saying nobody is shocked you can't get over the back "try" as you might. :rolleyes:

It looks super tacky, many agree. I am very intrigued by the Nexus 10, regardless of how much I loathe Samsung. If that thing comes in with a non-Pentile AMOLED (or preferably LCD), has great build quality and materials, and starts at $399 or so, I would look into it.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
16GB will have to do then.

Yeah, ill hope for a 32GB as well so i wont buy it out of the gate. I have 48GB on my GS3 with plenty to spare so 32 would deal ideal but if 16GB is it, then ill be able to suffice i guess. Im not one to need many movies or need to have my whole music library....which right now is only about 5 or 6 GB anyways.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah, ill hope for a 32GB as well so i wont buy it out of the gate. I have 48GB on my GS3 with plenty to spare so 32 would deal ideal but if 16GB is it, then ill be able to suffice i guess. Im not one to need many movies or need to have my whole music library....which right now is only about 5 or 6 GB anyways.

I have a 32GB card in my 16GB GS3 too and it's more space than I need but it's always nice having too much space rather than having too little.

I don't think I have the patience to wait and see whether they release a 32GB version of the Nexus 4 so I'll probably be getting it close to release date. Unless they actually tell us when a 32GB version will be available.

----------

Looks like they won't be unveiling anything on Monday. The event was cancelled because of the hurricane.

http://marketingland.com/hurricane-sandy-causes-google-to-cancel-its-android-event-25134

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
wouldn't really makes sence in Motorola for Nexus 2013 seeing as Google own Motorola. Google have always let 3rd parties do the Nexus, so I'd say Sony or HTC will get it next year.

If i were Google i wouldnt use Sony. They dont sell well at all so id stick to those that do. So the next one id think would be HTC or Samsung again. I hope for HTC as well.

----------

I think htc is overrated. :p

Their batteries tend to be way undersized and their insistence on placing the power/sleep button on top of such large devices, such as the htc one x, makes it cumbersome to use.

I'd be fine if they never go back to htc until htc gets their game together.

I just dont see the big deal with the power/sleep button on the top. Doesnt faze me at all n that regard. As for the batteries, arent the newer phones getting good size batteries? Seems so.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
If i were Google i wouldnt use Sony. They dont sell well at all so id stick to those that do. So the next one id think would be HTC or Samsung again. I hope for HTC as well.

----------

I just dont see the big deal with the power/sleep button on the top. Doesnt faze me at all n that regard. As for the batteries, arent the newer phones getting good size batteries? Seems so.

The J Butterfly has a 2020 mAh battery and that's a 5" phone. Compare that to the Note 2500 and Note 2 3100 mAh.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have a 32GB card in my 16GB GS3 too and it's more space than I need but it's always nice having too much space rather than having too little.

I don't think I have the patience to wait and see whether they release a 32GB version of the Nexus 4 so I'll probably be getting it close to release date. Unless they actually tell us when a 32GB version will be available.

----------

Looks like they won't be unveiling anything on Monday. The event was cancelled because of the hurricane.

http://marketingland.com/hurricane-sandy-causes-google-to-cancel-its-android-event-25134

Im pretty patient in that regard. I still dont have a tablet :p and i do have my GS3 which is fine......and my PC is about 6 years old so im ready to get a Windows 8 PC or laptop at some point next year.

So many new things coming out. Ill also being looking at the New Windows 8 phones.

----------

The J Butterfly has a 2020 mAh battery and that's a 5" phone. Compare that to the Note 2500 and Note 2 3100 mAh.

I read the new HTC One X+ is a 2100 battery so they upped that one. Thought i read the Butterfly battery was bigger than first thought as well after they tore one apart and saw the battery.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.