What happend to the Apple Masters?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by al256, Oct 4, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502a

al256

I was trying to look for the Apple Master's page on the Apple website and I couldn't find it; so I looked on google and found the link to it but the link was dead. So I'm wondering why did Apple get rid of the Apple Masters? Does anyone know when Apple stopped doing this? Any word on why this happened would be nice. Thank You.

2. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

What are/were the Apple Masters? Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't know what you are referring to. I will be brave and show my ignorance in case others wonder too.

3. macrumors 6502a

I'll bite too... Apple Masters?

4. macrumors member

Sounds like my dad after he eats mexican:D . really what was an apple master?

5. macrumors G4

I think they're celebrities who use Macs daily.

Appenently, it used to be a feature of Apple's site, but I guess they've discontinued it.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

al256

7. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Last time I checked Apple Masters months ago it was gone, don't know when it died...

8. macrumors 604

MacBandit

I never heard of that. I wish I had. They should have promoted it more.:(

9. macrumors 68000

tjwett

Guys, where have you been? The Apple Masters were a bunch of cats who were for some reason knighted by Apple and declared a "master". I recently read an article in Computer Arts with some old dude who was an Apple master and the fact that they even bothered to mention it must mean it is somewhat of a big accomplishment. I think it was actually quite a big deal at one point. All it is is a complete mastery of the OS and maybe the hardware too. But Apple now is a totally different beast. I don't think there is anyone outside of Apple that could be considered a real "Master" of OSX. it's just too new. maybe the Apple Masters were cramping the style of Apple's new image. They were all kind of these old, graphic designers and nerds. I liked it but haven't bothered to look in atleast a year. oh well. Goodbye Masters.

10. macrumors 604

MacBandit

11. Moderator emeritus

Maybe they found the Apple Mistresses. :)