What happened on Frasier?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iBook, May 13, 2004.

1. iBook macrumors regular

I saw Frasier's plane land in Chicago. The show went to commercial. I walked away for a minute or two -- when I came back, "ER" was on.

Did they leave the ending ambiguous? Do they or don't they? You decide. Or did they show something I missed?

:confused:

2. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

You weren't paying attention. Remember his farewell speech at the radio station just before that? The whole point of the show? Did you watch it? Carumba. :)

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Niles and Daphne had a baby.
    Martin and whazzerface got married
    Roz took over the station
    And Frasier followed the girl to Chicago and gave up the TV show. This wasn't said but he was on the plane to Chicago and just gave a speech about taking risks and following your heart.

4. alxths macrumors 6502

I didn't infer that he gave up the san fran gig... I was intending to argue that he didn't, but it does seem a little more fitting... Blah, i'll just accept that it's ambigious, and nothing more :)

Who else was dissapointed to see simon make a reappearance? What a lame character...

5. iBook thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure I understand why you left a rude reply.

Yes, I was paying attention. Yes, I heard the farewell speech. Yes, I understand the "whole point of the show" and "new chapters." Yes, I watched it. (And, yes, believe it or not, I've read Tennyson's "Ulysses.")

As I wrote: I left the room right after the plane landed in Chicago. When I returned, "ER" was on.

As you probably know, writers of TV shows and movies give that gratuitous last scene of the man and woman together so you see with your own eyes that they got together. My question was: Did this scene happen or were we left to fill in the blanks?

:rolleyes: Carumba!

6. iBook thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed.

I was hoping they'd manage to work in a cameo of Maris.

7. iBook thread starter macrumors regular

Seems I did see the final scene, after all. I suspected as much, but I'm not one for ambiguous endings (Exceptions: "Casablana," "Lost in Translation") so I wanted to be sure.

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it was great that frasier actually took a big chance and ditched sf and went to chicago to follow his heart :)

9. iBook thread starter macrumors regular

Did they ever say why he wouldn't go to Chicago with Charlotte in the first place? (Note: I missed last week's episode and saw only about half of the one before that.)

10. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Perhaps because she was introduced half was through the season and had only been dating for 4 episodes?

11. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Did we ever get to hear the baby's name? I had to leave the room right around the time Daphne went into labor and by the time I got back Martin and Nina were there. So I know they had a boy but I never heard anyone mention his name past that point.

P.S. Why, oh why, do I care what the name of this fictional baby is?

12. iBook thread starter macrumors regular

David...

The name is "David." He was named after David Angell, the "Frasier" series creator that was killed in the Sept. 11 attacks.