What happened to 10-10 commercials.

Discussion in 'Community' started by jeremy.king, Nov 11, 2004.

1. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Change of pace from my serious money discussion.

I just realized I haven't seen a 10-10 commercial in quite a long time. Are they not pushing those anymore since you can get unlimited local and long distance now for under $50 with SBC and VoIP solutions?

I really miss getting all my calls up to 20 mins for only 99 cents - and only 10 cents a minute after that!

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If you are seriously suggesting the return of Carrot Top to the airwaves, you should be boiled in oil. ;)

3. benbondu macrumors regular

carrot top did collect calls. i think they're still around.

4. jeremy.king thread starter macrumors 603

jeremy.king

That is correct. the 1800-CALLATT and 1800-COLLECT commericials are still around - my favorite being "wehadababyitsaboy" - but the 10-10 numbers with people like Terry Bradshaw, Mike Piazza, and the likes of famous people pawning off what a "good deal" it is to use 10-10 numbers have seemingly fell off the radar.

5. sgarringer macrumors regular

I once saw a commercial with Carrot Top and some of the extras in the commercial were actually laughing. Louis Black pointed it out on Back in Black on the Daily Show. One of the funiest things I've ever seen.

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i would assume as cellular service continues to expand, which many plans have nationwide service, and the fact that those diso**** are only for landlines means than people just don't need the discount anymore like that .. or it was way to much of a hassle.