What happened to Blue Velvet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wordmunger, Jul 5, 2005.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

She last posted on June 22 ... that's an eternity in Blue Velvet years.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wasn't she on some kind of hiatus from work? Maybe she had to go back to it.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Blue has some stuff going on that she needs to sort out that will take a few months.

As Skunk says, she'll be back in late Sept/October.

5. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Okay. I guess I noticed because of all the birthday announcements today -- she's often the one to do those. Hope to see her back soon!

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

She promised to come back this Fall after taking care of some personal things, and we need to hold her to it! :)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
    [​IMG]

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I really miss Blue Velvet. I think that she is a very special lady. Hopefully she will be successful with her holiday and be able to handle the items. If you happen to be in contact with her please give her our best regards.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's really not the same round here without her. She's kinda like the matriarch of Macrumors, although I hope that doesn't make her feel old. :eek:

Hope she's back soon. :)

9. Lau Guest

Yup, I hope she gets it all sorted. She is missed on MR.

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

11. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

How odd, I've been wondering the same thing and was going to start this same exact thread a few days ago... but I figured that since no one had mentioned it yet I had probably missed the boat on something.

I definitely miss BV's cutting wit and insightful comments. Plus, there's a shortage of females on MR. She's one fine poster, it will be good to have her back! :)

12. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

It's nice to see that certain members get noticed when they are absent from the Fourms for an extended period of time - it shows you who really contributes and has an impact on things, and who is respected, versus some people who simply fade away into obscurity or simply outright leave with no one being the wiser.

It's a good testament to Blue Velvet. I hope all is well with her and that she returns soon. :cool:

13. mac-er macrumors 65816

She's going to kill you for that remark :)
    :D

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I was thinking the same thing - it's not like she's old, or has even been a member of MacRumors for that long. You might want to take that back... ;)

15. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yeah, I like her style and am fond of her music recommendations as well. Here's hoping all goes well with her summer.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i miss Blue too, shes a sweetheart... i hope things are going well with her and that everything is being sorted out.

we miss you Blue! :D (hope your smiling wherever you are)

17. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Tricky now that it's been quoted. :eek:

Don't hurt me. Where'd I leave that liquid paper...

Just to try to dig myself out of a hole here, she's been here for about the same time as me (a year or so) and she brings a lot of compassion to this place.

But she's way too young to be a proper matriarch, right? She's only 25, right?...

Am I in the clear yet? I can keep going... Maybe I should stop now... :(

18. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I noticed she wasn't around as much too, but noticed the gal from her avatar was gone so assumed it was a "planned absence" of sorts ... or maybe not. Not really my business!!

Hope all is well.

19. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Blue Velvet expects to be away for a while more. She gave some more information to a few forum members but has chosen not to post more about it here. We'll respect her privacy. However, I expect her to see and appreciate all of your comments.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Actually, it's Isabella Rossellini...

21. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

You're just fine mad_jew, no worries. ;) :cool:

22. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Opss! Haven't seen Blue velvet. Edited accordingly.

23. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Whenever I see "Blue Velvet" on at like 2 in the morning, I realize how everyone on MR misses her. Hope too see you soon Blue!!! :)

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and kind thoughts.

Applespider sent an email checking up on me and she told me that there was a thread here about me... :eek:

Have been organising a lot with the flat before I go into hospital in about 3 weeks time. The Mac has been occasionally disconnected and idle while stuff was being moved around. I've also taken a little respite from MR to focus on my personal life because I was getting just a little too involved and spending way more hours here then I should have (something I know many of you understand), especially as there is so much to get done.

It's been an odd day in London today as you can probably imagine. I went to my doctor at 9am, and then planned to hop on a bus into town but realised I had to go home to pick up some things first... the radio was on and I heard the first reports coming in. After the extent of the situation became clearer, I decided to stay at home... in bed, listening to the city's odd silence punctuated by the sirens of emergency vehicles.

When I'm better after surgery and near to returning to work, I'll be prowling these boards again and making a nuisance of myself, have no fear...

And as for being a matriach... :eek: :D
    (nice of you to put me at 25, but it's 42 in about 3 months time)

Take care everybody... and I'll see you in the soup.

BV
    x

Edit: Oh, and is this ugly? Yes and no...