What happened to changing multitasking in 4.3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by class77, Mar 15, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

class77

I thought that double clicking was supposed to be replaced with sliding the screen up to access it. Did it get tossed to the side like the multi-finger action?

2. macrumors 68020

Mystikal

You may want to restore. Multitasking works for me...

3. macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

What you're talking about is part of the 4 and 5 finger gestures. If you enable the gestures you can use 4 or 5 fingers to slide up the multitasking UI and swiping with 4 or 5 fingers left and right switches you through the apps in your multitasking launcher.

4. ea9
    macrumors regular

Multi Gestures never made it to 4.3. Probably will be in iOS 5. Check engadget there's a way to enable it if you have a mac.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/14/how-to-enable-multitasking-gestures-in-ios-4-3/

You misunderstood

5. macrumors 68000

Blakjack

yea the gestures arent here yet. U can force them to your device like the above poster said by using the instructions on engadgets page.

6. macrumors 6502a

Sliding the screen up was part of the multi-tasking gestures that you can enable on development iPads. I don't think it got "tossed to the side"; rather it was intended primarily to get reaction from developers. Reserving multi-finger gestures for the OS will cause obvious problems for certain Apps (eg. Fruit Ninja) We'll probably see when iOS 5 is previewed whether Apple are going ahead with the gestures.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

That's what I suspected. Thanks for confirming