What happened to CNN Headline News?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jsw, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I used to watch CNN Headline News all the time. Now that I get my news via the Internet, I don't watch very often at all.

Tonight, I turned it on, and for four minutes watched in shock as two older women made jam. They actually showed the steps. It was surreal. Then came an hour of entertainment news. Next is another hour of something.

When did CNN Headline News stop showing headline news? And start showing the steps needed to make grape jam (gotta chop up the skin - that's what gives it the color)?

2. sarae macrumors 6502

Lol, I've never seen them make jam before! But they started this new show, it's on right now - I think it started only a couple weeks ago, something like Nancy Grace, and they call it Headline Prime. It's kind of weird, but maybe they felt they had to have something a little flashier to compete with FOXNews, MSNBC?

All I know is I'll watch Headline News if it's normal... but I can't handle this yellow box at the bottom of the screen.

3. mac-er macrumors 65816

Basically, they decided to add some primetime shows to help make more $$$. (This started about 3 weeks ago I think). They said they had their lowest ratings during primetime.

From 7 PM to 10 PM they have three primetime shows (then they repeat them until 2 AM).

The rest of the time, its the same old Headline News (with the "old" ticker...the smaller one)