Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cshumate

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2008
I updated my phone, but it still has Messages. What happened to iMessage?

iMessage is part of the Messages app. go to your settings app, look at messages, and make sure iMessage is turned on. Then, whenever you text/iMessage someone and it detects that they have iMessage too, the messages will be sent with iMessage (data) instead of texting.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
Yeah, I just figured it out, my bad guys.

I just thought that the entire app would be called iMessage instead of Messages.

But yeah, this is pretty cool.

Btw, I'm having a hard time finding the camera on lock screen option, I'm in my settings, and I haven't found it yet. Help?

SomeonePlzHelp

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
California

I just thought that the entire app would be called iMessage instead of Messages.

Btw, I'm having a hard time finding the camera on lock screen option, I'm in my settings, and I haven't found it yet. Help?

When at the lock screen double click the home button as if you were trying to access the quickplay feature of the iPod

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK

When locked, double click the home button and it will appear next to the slide-to-unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.