What happened to my Quicktime Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Alone2Gether, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Alone2Gether macrumors regular

Jul 27, 2005
    I formatted my PB with a clean install of Tiger. In the past when I did clean installs, Quicktime was already registered as the Pro version under the name like Apple Pro User but the registration was never shown.

I performed the system update and updated Quicktime to 7.1.3 and now the Quicktime is only the free version. :mad:

Any ideas?
  2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

May 27, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Go to Apple.com and get the serial for Quicktime Pro by viewing your account?
  3. Alone2Gether thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 27, 2005
    Signed in to my account at Apple.com
    I see the Shop list on the left and Account no the right side.
    Under account, all I see are "change account information" "manage shipping address book" "change 1-click settings" and "Apple Gift Card". I don't see anything about serials.
  4. Alone2Gether thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 27, 2005
    I went to Customer Service and clicked on Quicktime Pro Questions.

I see an option for "get your quicktime registration code" but I think that's only for when you already purchased the program. I didn't purchase Quicktime Pro.

I thought Quicktime Pro comes with the Mac OS X. :confused:
    It was always registered as the Pro version in the past.
  5. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    How can the pro version already be activated after a clean install? Did you purchase quicktime pro version 7 before? If not, you're going to have to buy it.
  6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    OSX does not and has never included a Quicktime Pro license. Did you buy the machine second hand from someone else? They may have registered it? The other option, especially based on the username, is that you had installed Final Cut Pro (not Express) in the past. iirc this includes a QT Pro license.
  7. Alone2Gether thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 27, 2005