Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
For those of you that do not know, the Asteroid was to be a Firewire audio interface. So why did Apple stop developing it? By it's description I think it'd be a great tool for amateurs and even professionals seeking an audio recording solution.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
Oh. I thought you meant the one that may/may not detroy all life on Earth when it strikes in 2029. I find it suspicious that nobody talks about that anymore. ;)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
iControl is an entirely different beast, a MIDI controller. Asteroid was supposed to be an audio interface with custom logic to bring down the parts count (and thus cost). Given that this much was allowed to be published, it's probably safe to assume that the product won't be appearing, or at least that it won't resemble the product that caused all the leak ruckus.

Oh. I thought you meant the one that may/may not detroy all life on Earth when it strikes in 2029. I find it suspicious that nobody talks about that anymore. ;)
That asteroid was Steved too.

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005

Weird. Your post is entirely blank. Almost as if I cannot deal with what you are saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.