what happened to the new ibook??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by memyself, Jun 19, 2005.

1. memyself macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2005
    with the conference advancing on us, mac rumors made constant references to the release of an updated ibook g4, naive to the actual changes that would take place. now i am rather confused this ibook upgrade has not been released. is it just me or is no one talking about the fact that the new ibook was not released. it seems to me that ever since the conference there has been no mention of this mishap whatsoever... does anyone know why this is? i myself intend to buy an ibook but after this am not sure all this waiting will be worth it, does anyone know if it is still worth the wait?
  2. eazy_e macrumors newbie

Apr 16, 2005

No. Nobody knows except for Apple executives.
  3. jmmdg6 macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2005
    new ibook

I have been following the ibook rumors for about 2 months now and also expected them to be updated at WWDC 2 weeks ago. However, there were no rumors of them being updated at this time. Now, I am starting to hear rumors of them being updated before the educators conference on June 27 or somwhere around that time. This is different because there were little to no rumors before WWDC, but now everone is hinting that updates will be sometime before that conference. Also, people are telling me that apple is listing the day before the conference begins as one of their important news days, so this may be the day it happens. If no updates happen at all before or during the educators conference, do yourself a favor and go buy a different laptop altogether. I know I will.
  4. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    Sssssshhhhh! We like to praise our good accomplishments, not the ones that were wrong! :eek:

Just kidding....all predictions are really just educated guesses and quite plainly, the iBook G4 updates were wrong. That's it. They still are going to be updated before the intel iBooks, I would think, as that's a far way off.
  5. elook macrumors newbie

Jun 13, 2005
    Way back in March I was trying to decide whether to wait for Tiger and a RAM and video bump for the iBook. I said forget it, BTO'ed 512MB of RAM and a 60gig HD and neverminded the dashboard ripples. Now here we are months later and I've been enjoying my iBook, recently updated to Tiger and I couldn't be happier.

My advice, just buy the thing already and never mind that they might update it. They might, they might not. You could be waiting forever.
  6. The_Man macrumors 6502

Jun 10, 2005
    I too have been waiting for a while now for the iBook updates, and I think that it is too close to give in now.

I see why people say get it now, so you can enjoy for longer, but the iBook update is bound to happen this summer before people go back to school and need a good student laptop

If you absolutley need it, then of course get it. But at this point, I think its worth waiting out.
  7. James L macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2004
    As was said MANY times, the developers conference was not the place to slightly speed bump an existing product. There is nothing new in this for the developers, and WWDC is not a consumer products show. Any rumors you heard about iBooks at the WWDC were just wishful thinking and people speculating.

Timewise, I agree that it is due for an update soon. Minor updates don't need shows or keynotes though... they just happen.
  8. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2005
    I've decided to give it 2 more weeks. If there's still no update then I'm going to get a Powerbook..... I think. :rolleyes:
  9. tdewey macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2003
  10. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
    Tony Smith of The Register reported today 21st June 2005

11. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2005
    Can anyone expand on when the 4th Quarter is? Are we talking a calander year or financial?
  12. kirk26 macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2003
    West Virginia
    Apple is finally learning.

Current: high prices with low quality hardware (laptops at least)
    Future: low prices (with intel hopefully) with high quality hardware
  13. djkny macrumors 6502

Sep 30, 2003