What happens if iBook gets rev'ed while on order?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gigneil, Oct 18, 2004.

1. gigneil macrumors newbie

Hey all-

I actually have an iBook on order right now (14.1" 1.2 ghz). It listed for $1499, and was supposed to have shipped last Tuesday. Now, it has been delayed until "on or after 10/21".

What happens if Apple does rev the product line tomorrow, and offers a superior product for $1499? Obviously, I want the better product. They partial shipped me the iBook APP kit, so I can't just cancel the order.

Will Apple automatically do the right thing, or do I need to take some action?

Thanks for any advice. :)

N

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I'm betting they will upgrade you to the new one but if they don't just return it right away and re-order it.

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

if your worried cancel your order.... then reorder when the rev comes out...
    edit: saw you said you couldn't cancel.... if it does happen i would call apple and ask if they could just update your order.... :confused:

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

they do upgrade it. i ordered a rev. A pb a week before the rev. B was released. as soon as the new model was released i got an email saying that it had been upgraded. i wouldnt worry.

5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

If updates are today (19th), it seems funny that yours has been bumped to the 21st. Still, you will get the closest of the new products to your order (in most cases the bumped version of your model). If there is a price drop, you'll be pleased to hear that you'll be charged the new lower price or given a rebate if already charged.

6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

They will stop your order, take your money and will forget about you, no iBook... :p J/K

They upgrade your order as well... don't worry! if not, return it an order a new one, you have 10 days.

7. gigneil thread starter macrumors newbie

Yay!

Apple did indeed upgrade my order... and further delayed it until 10/26.

Thx for your input!!!

N