What happens now if i need to replace my logicboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DarkNetworks, Jul 25, 2006.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Okay I'm bringing my notebook (iBook to be more specific) in for a checkup as I've a battery problem and possibly a connection error. So if it needs to be changed, i mean the logic board? Will they give me an iBook logic board? I mean will they be able to order it from Apple or what. I mean there're no iBook G4s out there anymore, i mean at least at the store. How are they going to replace my iBook logicboard? I'm concern that it'll take weeks.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Apple always keep a stock of parts back for previous models to meet warranty commitments. If they don't already have a logic board there at the store, it won't be too far away.

3. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

thats pretty good to hear. I wish they'll have stock for it. btw, this AppleCare thing, must I go back to the same store or I can go anywhere to replace, check or repair anything?

4. Queso macrumors G4

Apple laptops come with worldwide warranties, so any store will do :)

5. stuuke macrumors regular

It only takes 3-5 days and usually runs $300 through Apple. It can take a little longer if you have your local store backup your hard drive but they ship overnight and can have it delivered directly to your home or work.